WDR4300 drops Wifi clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-23 04:09:50
Region : Others

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.23 Build 121225 Rel.37950n

ISP : UPC Hungary Ltd.

Hi!

My problem is, that sometimes - I can't able to recognize a system - all wifi clients lose connection. When this happens, the ping answer time rech the ~2000 times, then totally lose the connection, the SSID is dissapear - checking with my phone (android - wifi analyzer) and TL-WN822N USB wifi adapter (with the inSSIDer application). Meanwhile the cable clients and the WAN connections works fine, didn't experience anything.
If I restart the wifi service with the hardware on/off button, it runs well for some time.
This problem appeared when I used the two older official firmware too.

I tried the auto-chanel function width auto channel width, tried to manually set up one of the less interfered channels with both 20MHz and 40MHz channel width, but none of them bring the solution.

The intresting thing is, if I change the router with an old D-Link DI-604, the signal is weak, but the wifi connection is stable, with the same TL-WN822N adapter.

I tried to guarantee the router, but after two weeks, my reseller said, it looks ok, they - at the TP-Link service - didn't find anything.

This is killing me... please help me if you can.
Options
7 Reply
Re:WDR4300 drops Wifi clients
2013-01-23 20:25:31
SSID disappears, as well as WLAN LED?
Do a hard reset and see what happens. Besides, uninstall antennas on it to reduce sensitivity and ensure it is not caused by wireless interference.
Options
I have the same problem - Did you make any progress?
2013-01-30 10:07:53
I recently installed the routers and have the exact same problem. Wired connection continue to work. Wireless connections are dropped. I have rest the router and I'm running with the standard settings but still have the issue. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jonathan
Options
2013-02-02 00:11:48
Just bought this router yesterday, installed the recent firmware, configured it and went to sleep. Everything seemed ok :)
At morning first issues start to appear. Apple Mac Air notebook didn't see both APs (2.4 and 5Ghz) just after the wakeup. There were no my SSIDs in the list (other ones were there) ! But if I tried to provide SSID and password like I'd do that for a hidden SSID, it joined the AP successfully. I'd never thought I face it, since I had very positive experience with my previous TP-LINK hardware, WDR 1043ND. What should I do now? :) Change the firmware to something like OpenWRT? Will it help? I don't know...
It would be great to find the root cause of this for all of us. I don't want to consider this as a hardware issue, but who knows?.. That's pitty...
Options
2013-02-02 02:32:31
Suggests gargoyle.
Options
2013-02-04 21:49:57
BTW, I have some signs of success since my last post. What I have done is resetting to factory defaults and re-flashing of the firmware. I did it a few times in a row. Also I disabled the hardware NAT. It's stable for about two days already. Don't know if it will last forever, but the current state is very hopeful.
Options
2013-02-10 15:45:53

jimasek wrote

Suggests gargoyle.

I just had a quick look , but i didn't find the 4300 in the supported list.
Did i miss it ?
Could you post an url to the announcement of the 4300 support ?

/Bingo
Options
2013-02-10 17:17:30
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1081

Replies: 7

Related Articles