Router getting over heat and restarting.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-21 05:52:56
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2

Hi All,

I purchased new TP link Router  archor c1200 V2 router from flipkart in india in Feb 2020. from last 15 days this router resrting atleast 5 to 6 time in 24 hours. alos I am bnot able to ragister his product for warrenty claim, I tried to contact service center number but that calls also not geting connect. kindly suggest 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router getting over heat and restarting.
2020-05-22 21:49:10 - last edited 2020-05-22 21:55:28

@Ganesh.Chavan 

Attempt one solution at at time and observe how it goes:

• Remove any plastic from the router, to allow better heat/air flow (out).
  • Reduce the WiFi Transmit Power setting, to low, or possibly turn it off.

I have an Archer C1200 V1, and noticed the router was very hot. I had to use a USB fan to cool the router. However, I decided to investigate further why this is. First, I reduced the WiFi Transmit Power to low and noticed the router is cooler. Next, I turned off the WiFi completely and the router is much cooler. Finally, I reset the Transmit Power back to high and sure enough, the heat was tremendous and a USB fan is needed to cool the router.

Additionally, the Archer C1200 V3 has a new firmware, release on 5/13/2020. You might want to review the firmware download site for latest firmware or contact tp-link support.

I hope the above helps you troubleshoot the heat issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1783

Replies: 1

Related Articles