AV600 / TL-PA4010P does not go past 100 mpbs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-25 17:27:11 - last edited 2020-04-28 15:06:50
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.4.0.20-00_401114_190820_902

After installing this product in my home (two powerline devices in the same room and different wall outlets), I noticed that the speeds never exceed 100 mbps (usually 94 mbps download/upload on speedtest).
I installed your tpPLC software and the speeds reported there are consistently above 400 mpbs, which seems acceptable.

However, when I connect a laptop to the powerline device (using the cat5 cables that came with the TL-PA4010P KIT), the laptop's network adapter reports that the maximum speed is 100 mbps. You can see these details in the attached picture.
Additionally, if I use those same cables to connect to my router directly, the adapter continues to report 100 mpbs speed (maximum).

I know the issue is not my laptop's network adapter, because if I connect directly to my router using one of my CAT5e cables, the adapter instantly changes the maximum speed to 1 gbps (and speedtest reports around 500 mpbs download, as it should).  

According to your software, the issue shoud also not be in the eletrical installation, since the devices are reportedly "talking" at around 400 mpbs consistently.  

Therefore, I would like to know if you can answer a few things: 

1. Does your software report real/correct speeds between the devices?  Apparently it's pretty accurate.
  2. Are the devices working as intended? Seems like it, I was convinced it was better than it really is.
  3. The cables are clearly marked CAT5, how could they work above 100 mbps? They cannot, because they are not intended to.

Update: I was convinced this product was meant to provide speeds up to 600 mbps to an end device connected to it. It does not, because the jack's output is 10/100 mpbs (meaning it is not support gigabit speed). Since newer products from TP-Link seem to be as "unsupported" as the older ones (seen evidently by the lack of official support in these forums and remaining support channels) and also not working that great, I will be returning the device and replacing it with another brand. 

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions though.

File:
powerline_output.pngDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 723

Replies: 0