QoS doesn't works properly, especially when uploading contents

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-26 23:00:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

In my network, with 2 Deco M9 Plus (one is the main Deco, and the gateway) and 3 Deco P7, i have noticed that QoS really doesn't works very well! I setted a customised mode, with download priority at the minimum, and gaming at the maximum, then i have also given some devices the priority, but still, if I start a big download from my PC, that is not in priority mode, and i try to play online with my Play Station 4 (that IS in priority mode) at the same time, the QoS doesn't really works: the PS4 drops a stable connection continusly, making any online game unplayable, because the download on the PC saturates all the bandwidth! I'd like to point out that BOTH the PS4 and the PC ar connected to the network via Ethernet! If QoS doesn't works for a simple scenario like this I really don't know what it is for! Everything is properly setted in particular the "total bandwidth" data is correct. 
But something even worse happens when my iPhone decides to upload a photo or a video to the iCloud Photo library: it takes ALL the upload bandwidth, and every other device on the network just stops working! I'd like also to point out that the iPhone is NOT in priority mode! I think this is just stupid! A single device should NEVER saturate all the bandwidth on a network, and the fact that something like this happens also with QoS is really terrible!

Options
2 Reply
Re:QoS doesn't works properly, especially when uploading contents
2020-05-12 12:07:13

@Alexjj @tplink @Help CAN SOMEONE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM??!?!

Options
Re:QoS doesn't works properly, especially when uploading contents
2020-05-12 20:32:29
Unfortunately there is no solution to your problem, I experience exactly the same problem. The deco allows one device to completely saturate your upload bandwidth. Its a very buggy implementation of QOS and not really fit for purpose unless the developers concentrate on this area. The best option I've found is to remove any priority devices and set it into surfing mode. That seemed to spread the bandwidth slightly better without complete saturation in my environment but it was still pretty terrible. This is the reason I only use the Deco M9 Plus in AP mode now and let my Synology Router manage the QOS which it does quite nicely.
-- Deco X50-POE user
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1269

Replies: 2

Related Articles