Can only connect one device to the TP link extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-24 02:22:03
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : virgin media

I have successfully connected the TP link Powerline to two laptops. The trouble is, not at the same time. When one laptop is working well, it will not allow another connection. I then set up another device and the original laptop does not connect. (and visa versa)?
I had a chat with technical help, which was useful to confirm both devices (laptops) could connect, so the TP link connection is working. Very confusing.
jpab
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can only connect one device to the TP link extender
2013-01-24 16:44:22
Is the powerline adapter connected to a modem or router? Now both of the laptops can be connected at the same time?
Options
I'm coming out in sympathy
2013-04-02 01:59:36
I have similar problems. Having just upgraded to satellite broadband (having finally given up with BT) I decided to upgrade my Powerline kit from some old (but working netgear wireless) and as the satellite provider (Tooway) supplied a TP-Link router decided to go with the same manufacturer. I bought a TP-Link PA411 AV500 kit of 2 hard wired powerline devices, and one TL-WPA281 AV200 wireless N Powerline extender.

The two hardwired devices work fine, one connected to the router, and one to the Sky+ box. HD movie streaming works fine. The wireless extender by comparison seems only able to have one wireless connection at a time, and as we use it for 2 laptops, 2 iPhones, and an iPad, one is always trying to connect which just knocks off the presently connected device. Having originally gained access to the web configuration page I can now no longer get to it.

I have now reconneced the Netgear and at present have both laptops and the iPad all connected and working. I could leave it like that but that's not the point is it?

I'm going round in circles.
Options
Re:Can only connect one device to the TP link extender
2013-04-02 20:12:05
that is weird.
How do you connect the powerline adapters to the other devices?
for example, A connected to the router, B connected to the PC..
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3235

Replies: 3

Related Articles