Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
506 Reply
Re:Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually
2020-08-28 11:09:12

Please share the link of lpda antenna .@cbzvenki 

Options
Re:Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually
2020-08-28 12:24:37

@mallipoo 

Hi,

I reloaded beta firmware on MR600. Once it rebooted with beta firmware, it got connected with Band 40. I changed it manually and only selected Band 3 against Band A. Signal strength is showing 100%, speed is 40 mb down / 16 mb up. Left it for some time then rebooted the router just to ensure it conencts back to Band 3 from beginning.

Added Band 40 against Band B and saved the config. Router shows Band 3 for few seconds and then moves to Band 40 only. No carrier aggregation. not sure what is wrong in my case.

here is the snap shot for both scenarios.

Scenario - 1

Scnario - 2

Options
2020-08-28 12:43:51

@Anvesh search for the seller Signity RF Solution (as mentioned in the previous post) in India Mart, i called them up and and purchased two LPDA antenna.

Options
2020-08-28 13:39:52

@Anvesh hi Anvesh,

The answer to which antenna one should use depends case to case basis. There are various factors one should  conisder while buying external outdoor antennas for LTE.

how far you are situated from the towers(s) jio, Airtel etc.  ? Are you in a highly urban loaction? Are the towers within the clear line Of sight?? are there multiple trees, building obstructing your tower...

- if you are in a location surrounded by mobile towers and you want to get signals from multiple towers instead of re adjusting the antennas. You can go for Omnidirectional Antennna.. 

Pros: easy to mount, hassle-free install, can receive multiple towers at a time

Cons.: Reaches less compared to directional antennas ( LPDA, YAGI, PANEL etc). Could receive interference from other signal sources...

- if you are in a location away from city, and proximity to very less towers only 1 or 2 situated at some kms. Then you can choose LPDA . 

LPDA can be used in cases where you are also situated in a highly urban cities and you can see your tower from your terrace without any obstrruction from buildings, trees etc. LPDA can be beneficial in such case as well. You can catch a high quality signal in such case and your UE gets good SINR.

CONS: for example you have two towers in different ( opposite) directions and you fix LPDA(s) pointing to a tower . Tedious task to get accurate positioning of LPDA to get good RF parameters. Once fixed properly you should not disturb the LPDA antenna., Unless you want to get signals from another tower in different direction.

Lastly,  A patch panel Antenna is a good option when you are situated in a urban, semi-urban locality and have some buildings ,trees around you. A panel antenna is also a directional antenna but it's beam width is wider than LPDA and suitable for most circumstances.

Choice is yours depending on your situation.

~Cheers!!!

Regards, Abhi
Options
2020-08-28 15:52:36

@Indian-techie When you aggregate Band3 & 40, you will have different signal strength, SNR and other parameters. Please check. You may also check what your band 40 signal parameters are. It will help understand better. (I get connected to Band 40 only sometimes. I presume, when CA is not possible, device chooses wide band ie., 40.

Options
2020-08-28 15:57:45

@Indian-techie Importantly, if you have 2-3 towers nearby, CA loss can happen. Only way to get fixed CA is to use directional antenna or move router to one corner of house where one towers signal is highest.

Options
2020-08-28 16:27:01

@mallipoo 

Thats interesting....in my case, nearest mobile tower is stone throw away distance from my house i.e. less than 100 Meters. There is clear line of sight from my house to tower. Infact my mobile does ca with 3 towers at a time. The only catch is even on mobile i get Band 40 . I havent seen Band 3 on my mobile yet.

even though i have good signal for Band 3, MR600 falls back to 40 only. I guess thats by design. But what irritates me is if signal strength for both Bands are good then why CA is not working?

I performed factory reset couple of time with beta firmware and selected band 3, waited for some time and then selected band 40. MR600 doesnt CA and falls back to Band 40 :(

Options
2020-08-28 17:10:18

@Indian-techie Pl try one more thing. Keep away all 2.4Ghz wi-fi, disable 2.4Ghz in MR600 too. You may get CA then.

Options
2020-08-28 17:36:58

@darant 

I tried disabling 2.4G but no luck!

here what i did.

while running on beta, disable 2.4G wireless on MR600. selected band 3 & 40. No CA.

perform factory reset, on quick setup, disable 2.4 and only enabled 5G wireless. selected band 3, waited for some time and then enabled band 40. But no CA.

I am missing 40-40 CA alot!!

Options
2020-08-28 17:48:36

@Indian-techie hi , I am missing that too. Plz request to support on the link below.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/224154

Regards, Abhi
Options
Related Articles