Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
506 Reply
Re:Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually
2020-09-22 10:01:04

@AP_Techie Went through that video its more about the omnidirectional antena placing at a distance, Any way thanks for the info, Learnt something out of it.

Options
Re:Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually
2020-09-22 10:03:20 - last edited 2020-09-22 10:05:50

@Abhi093 ya its a chinese Antenna for sure, i will try one you suggested, but another tower has some obstruction, not a clean line of sight, i will give a try this weekend and see if those vallues improves!

Options
2020-09-22 10:11:00

@AkashDev I too realised the fact after I bought these LPDAs. They definitely will catch the signal so you will always have a good RSRP. But for data speeds to increase you need a Cross polarized antenna that will improve your RSRQ and hence your SINR improves. I gave up with these LPDAs and brough a MIMO Panel (9 dbi max gain ) which was enough to catch a signal from a distance of 600-700 meters. I get good RSRQ and SINR .attached is the pic of my MIMO Antenna mounted at a height of 40 meters above the ground facing the tower.​​​​​​ 

Regards, Abhi
Options
2020-09-22 10:35:02

Some people are getting good Quality (RSRQ) and SINR even they have or haven't these LPDAs installed.because

they must be staying very close to BTS with very clear LoS , there must be no blocking objects or building etc come in between. And they are placed in the tower's sector antenna beam forming region.,they must be at an higher altitude than others. There must be no other cell near by to cause same channel interference , on the other hand they are using these high gain LPDA thus reducing the interference and get good SINR.

The above factors are also equally be considered for getting best LTE Speeds.

Regards, Abhi
Options
2020-09-22 11:12:20

@Abhi093 Earlier I was thinking about this patch panel, before landing upon the LPDA's. It costs 800 rs in Amazon sold by oxywave, i saw good reviews there but LPDA's review was far greater. Since Directional as more gain then omni stuck with these and i am not dissapointed with what am getting. 

I have a dead DLINK DWR 920V, which i bought before this TPLINK archer and am planning to get that service by claiming warranty and planning to hook up omni to it. it has a analog phone jack which i can hook up cordless phones to it. So planning to use that with different service provider.

My Question is did the imrovement in RSRQ and SNR what kind of speed bump did you witnessed? Has mallipoo mentioned, towers are locked by 50mpbs max. for me during early morning i see it throttle upto 45 mpbs. how can we know the speed cap of each tower? 

Options
2020-09-22 11:36:07

@AkashDev again all these LTE parameters we receive are case to case basis. Not everyone will have good values or all have bad. It depends on several factors as mentioned already the factors. Towers are heavily loaded these days due to increased demand of the cellular data, the speed capping is a wild guess by all  after we test  our CPE during a time non-peak hours where almost no user latched to it.

Yes I got a bump in speeds by an average of 10 Mbps by  replacing the LPDAs with the panel mimo,gave the patch panel 10 meters of more height just to ensure no restrictions.

Amazon india doesn't sell a panel MIMO. All those are wall mounted SISO that are getting sold there.

For knowing the speed cap please write to telecom service provider or contact the netwok optimization officer of your area for that service provider.

As far I know roughly 2CA max at 50-100 Mbps to 4G towers at least in India but have seen people using at 160-200 Mbps abroad 2x2 MIMO or 4x4 MIMO.

The speeds each can get is controlled either by the RAB (Radio Access Bearer) decided on whether the carrier wants to throttle people at the eNodeB (most efficient) or on the  data core backbone.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Abhi
Options
2020-09-25 10:01:42
Hi Tp-link,  This Mr600 4G router is latest of kind but I am really disappointed of its basic features like : 1. Connected devive history.  2. Per device data usage  3. Per LAN port bandwidth assignment  4. Per device bandwidth assignment 5. monitoring of connected devices. what websites they were accessing. I used tplink router 5 years ago but it has some of those features. Please add it in your next update. I need the bandwidth assignment per port and per device connected. Thank you.
Options
2020-09-25 12:13:56

@darant V2. Now released . I take it this can select bands. Anyone got one and can confirm. https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/archer-mr600/v2/

Options
2020-09-26 04:53:49

@darant  Does the patch panel MIMO gives better parameters than LPDA. If yes can you please share the following information.

- Cell Tower distance from your place

- RSRP

- RSRQ

- SNR

- Bands Locked

Options
2020-09-26 09:31:52

@darant Can't answer this as I have not loaded the firmware. Sent router back as it was no better than my DWR-921.

Options
Related Articles