AV500 Latency Spike Issues - Rate Spike Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-24 06:22:34
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA411

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 500A-1.0.0.337-01-20120309-FINAL

ISP : Sky

Hello, I have been using the 2 x AV500 Powerline adapters since Christmas Day and not had a single problem, been getting around 15mbps download speed.

Recently I have noticed while gaming my ping (latency) had start to spike to anything up to 2000ms.

When I have returned from work today, they barely get any download speed (0.3mbps from speedtest.net).

When I use my wireless adapter I get the usual amount I would from wireless (around 3-5mbps).

I have tried resetting the router back to default, resetting both powerlines, changing ethernet cables yet nothing seems to work.

When I use ping 192.168.0.1 (default gateway) my ms can be anything from 1-2000 again but with my wireless, the most it ever hits is 30.

I installed the utility software today to see if that would help but it did not, both devices paired and password of the device connected to the router has been added to the utility.

I noticed that the utility keeps losing connection with the other device.

Please can someone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Sean.
Options
3 Reply
Re:AV500 Latency Spike Issues - Rate Spike Issues
2013-01-24 10:29:19

iHoody wrote

[COLOR=#000000]

I noticed that the utility keeps losing connection with the other device.

Sean.
This means the connections between these two unit are not stable. How about move them in the same room to have a test? Check the connection by the Utility to see they are stable or not.
Options
2013-01-24 19:52:23
I have moved the powerlines to the same room and straight away the connection jumped up to 259mbps. Nothing new has been plugged in throughout the household since Christmas, so why would this have changed for my bedroom sockets overnight? :S
Options
2013-01-24 22:16:42
I totally just remembered I have a laptop charger plugged in....Unplugged it and watched my latency plummit to <5ms....Plugged back in, and watched it rocket....Wow something seriously wrong with that charger!!

Thanks for your help anyway :D
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 565

Replies: 3