Is there an AV1200 powerline adapter available without having to buy another starter kit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Is there an AV1200 powerline adapter available without having to buy another starter kit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-01 16:07:04

I already have the 'base' unit which came with my starter kit. All I am after is another AV1200 powerline adapter with at least one port that will work from my existing 'base' unit that I can simply plug in upstairs.

Do not really want to purchase another starter kit.

Is it possible to buy one, if so what is the compatible model number(s) please?

(My starter kit is a TP-Link 1200 Mbps dual band gigabit passthrough AC1200 powerline adapter)

Thank you for your help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Is there an AV1200 powerline adapter available without having to buy another starter kit?
2020-05-02 17:29:52 - last edited 2020-05-02 17:31:25

@Nitropodder 

The TL-WPA8630P is the only one I see available as standalone.

Actually, I don't know why, more adapters/extenders aren't sold stand-alone. To start you need 2, but to expand you might require just one. Especially given that most are asymetrical

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 726

Replies: 1