Deco P9 performance issue associated with device profiles

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-04 15:30:00 - last edited 2020-05-04 22:11:09
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I have a proven 500Mbps (downlnk) internet connection, but have found that the Deco P9 is limiting the throughput.  Here are the configurations:

• Laptop directly connected to router (via cat 6 cable, 1 meter), speed is >500Mbps.
  • Laptop connected to Deco P9 (cat 6 cable, 1 meter), Deco P9 connected to router (cat 6 cable, 1 meter), speed tops out at 220Mbps.

QOS has been disabled - this previously caused a limit of around 80Mbps (due to a previous setting)!

Upon further investigation I found that if I removed the owner profile from the connected devices, I managed to get around 500Mbps downlink.  So the bottlenext seems to be the processing assocated with being assigned to a profile.  

Whilst it's great to have identified the cause, I don't have an acceptable solution as I require the owner profiles to control and monitor access.  Has anyone else seen this issue, or have any suggestions?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 0

Related Articles