Problems with TP-Link Archer C7 / OneMesh with IOT devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-05 08:55:56
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Latest available

I'm using Archer C7 with two RE200 and one RE305 in OneMesh configuration to share WiFi in my home, but I'm having problem with the number of devices because I use +- 60 On/Off devices connected through 2.4Ghz WIFI and it seems that the router doesn't support many devices, some of them can't connect randomly.

This devices are not connected to the internet and the router should support more because they only use a few resources from the router.

First I bought a Archer C6 and have this problem, so invest more money buying a Archer C7 and unfortunatly I've the same problem, am I doing something wrong?

Does anyone has a solution to use this without buying a extremely expense router only to have IOT devices connected to it?

Now I have two routers Archer C6 and C7 without solving my problem

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problems with TP-Link Archer C7 / OneMesh with IOT devices
2020-05-05 09:55:10

@rcaridade That's a common problem with WiFi IoT things, routers are not able to keep so many WiFi connections (they usually start to struggle when managing more than 30 connections)

Zigbee and other protocols handle this scenario better, I find WiFi fine for few devices only because you don't need a bridge. But taking into account most IoT devices are usually bulbs and switches, going Zigbee is usually better because it is a standard and doesn't even depend on the provider cloud.

I don't know if in OneMesh you can force a device to connect to a specific extender, that would be a solution, to have them distributed. Maybe they're all trying to connect to the same.

You may need an additional access point or two with different SSIDs so you can control where each device is connected. They can be cheap 2.4GHz APs, no need for high bandwidth usually in those devices.

Or get a better router/APs or system, again, I don't know if OneMesh, Deco systems or AiMesh allow to distribute devices automatically or manually.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1503

Replies: 1