Archer C7 WDS no Internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-10 16:11:00 - last edited 2020-05-10 16:16:57
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Hi,

I want to connect my Archer C7 to my Wi-Fi and extend it using WDS. I am fillowing this guide and I cannot make it working.

I have changed LAN address (main router IP is 192.168.1.254):

Enabled WDS bridge (used Survey):

And disabled DHCP:

What makes me wonder is that guide claims Archer C7 should automatically set Wi-Fi settings to match bridged network. Mine looks different - there is a separate SSID which I set previously:

Am I missing something? When I connect to TP-Link_Extend, I am given no IP address and have no Internet Connection. When connected to NETIASPOT-AA, all works fine but main router is used instead of TP-Link Archer C7. Please advise. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C7 WDS no Internet connection
2021-02-15 20:13:23

@Karister did you get an answer?

Options
2021-02-15 20:34:10 - last edited 2021-02-16 01:20:43

@bobred 

Use this guide for newer devices.

Your setup is looking good - just set the wireless security of the C7 (TP-Link_Extend) to WPA2-PSK / AES (currently on Auto).

You may need to reboot the devices after finishing configuration (main router, then extended router) if the WDS status is not "RUN".

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-02-15 23:11:14

@bobred, no. I was only able to connect via wi-fi to main router but I did not manage to extend the same SSID. I was only able to create new wi-fi with own subnet. Eventually I resigned from this router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2372

Replies: 3

Related Articles