Invalid password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Invalid password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Invalid password
Invalid password
2013-03-26 02:53:05
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA251

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi I just got the TP-Link TL-PA251 and when I try to enter the password in the powerline utility it says "The Device Password Entered is Invalid Please check it and try again" I have entered it al leased 10 times. please help I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Invalid password
2013-03-27 16:28:28
Are these units working? If so, you do not need to bother to enter the password
Options
2013-08-08 01:06:24
Hi. Iv'e had the same problem with 2 ot these items. I got one to accept its own password using the following procedure.
I entered all of the info of the item in a text file, that is password, mac code and serial no. I copied the password, put the cursor
in the box for adding the password and pasted it in. I then deleted the first charactor in the password and re-entered it from the keyboard.
The system then accepted it.
Only God knows why it worked I certainly don't.

As far as the comment from Joyce is concerned. I was a digital design engineer for 46 years. If I had designed a peace of hardware that didn't
work to spec it was called a peace of junk and they fired me as I was a consultant engineer. The other point is if it cannot "according to the software"
be truly added to the private network it is therefore not secure since it is not working to spec and, noboby but nobody can say it is until the anomaly is resolved.

9-8-2013. I have now got both of the items to accept their passwords by the above procedure
Options
Badly engineered
2014-04-16 00:25:48
I have a quad set of TP-PA200 (two TP-PA210 "kits") and I have the same password problem. It is NOT resolvable by the multitude of means I have tried. The units do work, to get them to communicate with each other here's what I did-

1. Unplug them all, line them up on my desk and number them.
2. Record all the MAC addresses and passwords. The passwords are useless but I recorded them anyway.
3. One at a time, plug them into the wall and plug in an Ethernet cable from my laptop.
4. One at a time, wait for the Powerline Utility to find the device. Click the "Reset" button to clear the device.
5. One at a time, rename the Private Network Name to the name of my LAN and click "Set Local Device Only" from the Privacy tab.
6. Do steps 3, 4 & 5 in sequence with each device.

You can't enter a password for the local device that's connected to your computer. The software engineers must have assumed that if the device was connected to your computer you didn't require a password. When you set each one up with the Private Network Name it puts them all on the private network because you set them all to the same Private Network Name.

Then they'll all talk to each other and the network.

This is AMAZINGLY bad engineering.

The "rated speed" is a farce too. With two of the devices which are rated at "up to" 200 MBs plugged into the SAME outlet so that there's not even any wiring between them the best speed I've ever seen is 120 MBs. Since I got the devices there has been no firmware update available to correct any of the problems they have.

I got them to work and I'm using them but I can't see how anyone who isn't experienced with computers and networking could have done it. The only word that applies to these things is "shoddy". I'll never buy a TP-Link product again, you only get to burn me once. Obviously these things weren't tested at all before they were put on the market.
Options
2014-04-17 09:30:44
You don't need to enter the password of the PLC device which is already directly connected to your computer.
The utility on your computer will automatically detect the password of the directly connected PLC device.

On the network option of utility, you can only check the remote device not the local device.
In this way, you can enter the password of your remote PLC device.
This is designed to control the remoter PLC device. In other words, if you have the remote PLC device's password, you can reset it remotely or configure it remotely.

If you want two PLC devices to communicate with each other, then the network name of both two PLC devices should be the same.
This design is based on the Homeplug Standards.

I assume you have not acquired enough understanding of powerline communication.
Reading more technological articles will help you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 945

Replies: 4

Related Articles