remote administration on archer mr600 (and ddns issue)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-17 15:00:19 - last edited 2020-09-08 08:57:28
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 190412 Rel.66770n

Hi! i try to enable remote admin on archer mr600. I check the box "remote management" on port 443, but when i try to connect from external on https://ippublicaddress the router not respond. I have to configure something else?

Obviously i dont reaching the router via ddns that i configured (tplink ddns)

Bye

Rob

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:remote administration on archer mr600 (and ddns issue)-Solution
2020-09-01 23:44:13 - last edited 2020-09-08 08:57:28

Well I've had the same problem,and I've already fixed.

Really is not a problem because a wrong working of router.

Some ISP providers don't allow you access to the real public IP.

Even if you make a whois, the real public IP is protected, the shown public IP is different than real one.

At this case, when you use this IP to access externally or even if you use a DDNS service, the recordered public IP is not the REAL IP.

So, of course, if you try to access to the router remotelly using this not real IP the router will not be reached.

I lost a lot of time with this question and finally found the problem.

You need to contact your ISP provider and ask them that don't hide the real public IP (it's the same if your ISP provider are using dynamic or static IP)

For instance, in Movistar (Spain) by default they have "safe connection" option enabled and it consist to hide the IP.

And OF COURSE, if you cannot reach the router you WILL NOT BE ABLE, to access to internal devices with redirected ports, as cameras, etc

I hope this information was been usefull, in my case now it works properly.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:remote administration on archer mr600 (and ddns issue)
2020-06-13 13:07:27 - last edited 2020-08-19 07:33:45

@roanam update. I try and try again but the remote admin dont responde via ip pubblic address or tplink ddsn. Can it depend from operator policy (wind ita)?

Someone had same issue ?

tnx

Rob

Options
2020-08-13 06:40:52 - last edited 2020-08-19 07:33:45

Me too.

I have extacly the two issues:

- TPlink Dynamjic DNS doest work ! So I setup and external DynDNS service based on my OVH hosting provider and that works,

- Remote managememt doesnt work: I tried everything but remotely web admin on HTTP or HTTPS both on 80 or 443 port doesnt work !!!!

I'm totally disapointed as I use this router in a remote place not attended and I do need to do remote management.

I have another TP Link modem/router - the Archer V1210V - and with this the remote management works OK.

Please TP-Link fix this.

Osso 

Options
Re:remote administration on archer mr600 (and ddns issue)-Solution
2020-09-01 23:44:13 - last edited 2020-09-08 08:57:28

Well I've had the same problem,and I've already fixed.

Really is not a problem because a wrong working of router.

Some ISP providers don't allow you access to the real public IP.

Even if you make a whois, the real public IP is protected, the shown public IP is different than real one.

At this case, when you use this IP to access externally or even if you use a DDNS service, the recordered public IP is not the REAL IP.

So, of course, if you try to access to the router remotelly using this not real IP the router will not be reached.

I lost a lot of time with this question and finally found the problem.

You need to contact your ISP provider and ask them that don't hide the real public IP (it's the same if your ISP provider are using dynamic or static IP)

For instance, in Movistar (Spain) by default they have "safe connection" option enabled and it consist to hide the IP.

And OF COURSE, if you cannot reach the router you WILL NOT BE ABLE, to access to internal devices with redirected ports, as cameras, etc

I hope this information was been usefull, in my case now it works properly.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-09-28 18:30:13

Hi there,

I am experiencing the same issue, impossible to connect to OpenVPN via ddns service, I gave it a go using TPLink Cloud as well as no-ip.

Everything is properly set-up:

- Dynamic DNS account (being TP Link Cloud or No-IP) is logged in successfully

- Remote management is activated

- OpenVPN is configured, certificate generated as well as config file

The firewall is open for OpenVPN on windows machine and everything should be running smoothly but it does not work and connection times out.

The router connecting to the internet and logging to TP Link Cloud should provide the correct IP to be updated by the dynamic DNS, I do not see why for any reason we should ask the ISP to change its configuration.

The router being able to reach out to TP Link Cloud all the necessary set-up should be accessible, can somebody from TPLink help out?

Thanks a lot!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 6225

Replies: 4