Filtering specific websites doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-20 16:40:39 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:07:01
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.0 0.9.1 v005f.0

Dear TP-Link,

I have a problem with my router; I'm trying to filter out specific websites. However it doesn't work.

Here's what I've tried so far:

- Added a website - say samsungads.com to the filtering like this:

Made sure that the same device that I'm accessing the router's interface is the one selected at the first step:

- Went until the end of the Wizard and clicked save; I end up with something like this (after clicking save I've also clicked on edit so that we can see the list of devices in this printscreen):

- Just for testing I've also filtered out the 'Adult content', like this:

- On the blocked device, I can now see that I am blocked when I access Adult content (which is OK) 

- Nothing happens when I try to access samsungads.com; access is still permitted unfortunately, which is the problem that I have.

Could you please help? I'm a bit jaded about this not working considering this router is in the medium range, and not the cheapest thing.

Kind regards,

Andrei

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Filtering specific websites doesn't work-Solution
2020-10-26 07:05:55 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:07:01

@johnny_r3d 

Hello, just noticed your inquiry, sorry to answer it late.

It is suggested to clear the DNS cache on your computer when you configured the blacklist for some special website, then try to save the settings again on the router web GUI.

You may press the Windows + R key -> input cmd, press enter -> input ipconfig /flushdns, press enter to clear the cache on the computer.

May this help.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Filtering specific websites doesn't work-Solution
2020-10-26 07:05:55 - last edited 2020-10-26 07:07:01

@johnny_r3d 

Hello, just noticed your inquiry, sorry to answer it late.

It is suggested to clear the DNS cache on your computer when you configured the blacklist for some special website, then try to save the settings again on the router web GUI.

You may press the Windows + R key -> input cmd, press enter -> input ipconfig /flushdns, press enter to clear the cache on the computer.

May this help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 1

Related Articles