diabolical wifi range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

diabolical wifi range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
diabolical wifi range
diabolical wifi range
2020-05-21 20:55:21
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: the latest 1

Crikey the thread is as bad as the Archer 5400x I'm trying to write about. It won't let me enter my router's model so how can I get support??

Anyway, the £300 5400x I bought is junk, very fast I'll give it that, but range... that's another story. it's only 10 feet away from my tv with wooden floorboards in between. what I mean is the router is on top of a high cabinet in the living room & directly above is my 2nd tv in the bedroom. I cannot get a 5ghz signal to even reach 10 feet. The 2.4ghz isn't much better either, a fair signal from that distance, really.

This thing is supposed to have better range than any other router out there so it's claimed. Nope it don't, my VM Superhub 3 goes further than it.

I do appologise for my negativity but when you shell out 3 big ones for a router you expect it to achieve it's claims and this Archer 5400x just don't cut the mustard.

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful for any input, thankyou.

Options
1 Reply
Re:diabolical wifi range
2020-05-23 22:19:36

@leecool 

Attempt the below, one at a time to see which works (not all at once):

• Move the router away from the 2nd TV, i.e. interference, to another location.
  • Review the Wireless settings, turn the Transmit Power to low / med / high and see which works best. If set to high, the router will consume more power and generates more heat, be aware of this. If 10-15 feet, try the low first.
  • In Wireless settings, there is also option to select "Mode" for 2.4GHz and 5GHz, trial and error of the mode.

I hope the above tips help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 1