TPlink AC1200 as access point and IPTV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-23 05:02:58
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hello guys,

so i am planning to use my 2nd router (tplink archer a5 ac 1200) as access point and iptv. i was able to setup the access point by choosing wireless router as operation (change the ip) and its works fine. however when i try to enable the IPTV, i was unable to access the internet and IPTV also not working. is this setup actually can works or i just do it wrong. THanks

regards,

John

Options
2 Reply
Re:TPlink AC1200 as access point and IPTV
2020-05-23 22:07:59

@John_23 

The user guide manual might provide more information and walk-through on how to setup IPTV and what version. Normally, if the setup is not compatible the router will gray out the settings. For example, turning on NAT Boost will gray out some of the QoS or Traffic Logging option. Review the user guide, perform trial and error, post here to the community of your results.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/archer-a5/

Options
Re:TPlink AC1200 as access point and IPTV
2020-05-24 08:24:39

@Godzilla 

Thanks for reply. Well, if i use access point for the operation mode, the IPTV function do inacessible. However, if i keep using as wireless router mode for operation mode, and changing the IP to, 192.168.1.1, i can still access the internet, and the IPTV option is available. however, when i enabling it, my internet access is gone. So perhaps the router need some tweaks to make it work or it just this router can not support IPTV if being second router. =/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1428

Replies: 2

Related Articles