Recently I purchased one of this TP LINK Archer C7 AC1750 and I noticed my notebooks suddenly disconnects from the network.
My network is formed by this router and my ISP router connected by cable.
This router is in Access Point mode.
Both of them share the same SSID and password.
When I did a test with ping 188.8.131.52 -t or with the IP of my router I had this sudden spikes of latency which came from nowhere. They vary between 200 ms and 2000ms or more.
I noticed that in the 5 ghz it doesnt happen. (I checked with my phone (Moto G5s Plus)).
I have some computers connected via cable and this doesnt happen.
I have tried:
- Turning off and on router
- Changing channels of the 2.4 Ghz
- Disabling the IPV6 option in my notebooks.
- Connecting via cable to see if it happens
- Changing ISPs
- Checking with my cabled computers and notebooks and the same time
- HP 240 G6 with Windows 10
- Dell inspiron 1545 with Windows 10
The firmware is the latest and the router is a few months old.
Also I have a second ISP so I tried connecting this router to my other ISP and this still happening.
Any suggestion would be appreciated