Powerline issue with new internet provider

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-24 16:03:18
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.2 Build 20180308 Rel.37064

Hello!

I've recently switched internet provider, and all of a sudden my powerlines won't work as well as before. I've tried everything from resetting to buy a new set in case the old set was broken but the results are all the same: my PC's download speed goes between 2-3mbps to, from time to time, 8-9mbps. My upload speed is good, always between 18 and 20mbps. Wifi and modem are working fine, reaching 90mbps download speed and the same upload speed.

I can't use a wifi repeater cause my house is the old type with thick walls and on two floors so the signal is very poor, especially on a side of the floor and, even though the electrical wiring is old, it's never been a problem since now.

The only thing that really changed is that even though I have FTTC, the provider had me install an adsl filter box now.

(this thing here)

I contacted TP-Link and the provider to ask if there's any compatibility issues but they both assured me there are none.

Does any of you know what's the problem and how to fix this?

Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline issue with new internet provider
2020-05-24 16:05:51

Forgot to add, my powerline kit is TL-WPA4221 KIT

Options
2020-05-25 09:54:14

@ambrins with the new connection the ISP must have supplied a new router/modem. How is that connected?

Is the powerline device now plugged in to an extension lead?

Is the router powered through the powerline device? I'm assuming not, since I don't think the WPA4221 has a socket on it.

There is a setting in the tpPLC app for Windows or Mac that enables a mode to avoid VDSL interference which you might need to turn on, but check how everything is hooked up first.

Options
2020-05-25 13:02:15

@dunxd hi! Yes, they provided me with a new router that is connected to an electrical socket adjacent to the powerline.

I'm not using any extension lead as I know they may cause problems.

As for the VDSL mode, I tried looking for it but I can't find it. The only option I have is the power saving mode

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 811

Replies: 3

Related Articles