AX50 - Router does not observe 5 GHz Wi-Fi channel settings after some time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50 - Router does not observe 5 GHz Wi-Fi channel settings after some time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:AX50 - Router does not observe 5 GHz Wi-Fi channel settings after some time
2021-01-17 08:45:37

@woozle 

Thanks for info. I really hope that this beta firmware will become a new firmware to solve this problem.

I know that this router that integrates an intel chipset is capable of this - needs only a software update.

Currently i'm waiting for a reply from TP-Link to solve this problem.

AX50 | TX3000E
Options
2021-02-01 15:44:25

@woozle 

any chance of this beta firmware being shared? I'm having the same issue and it's driving me nuts!

Options
2021-02-01 16:09:00

Same here ! 

Options
2021-04-01 03:10:02

@woozle 

any chance that you can share the beta firmware? thanks.

Options
2021-08-07 00:24:00

@Kevin_Z -- Are you able to share the firmware so that everyone else having the issue can apply it? Or at least have an engineer reach out to me with the file or for follow-up? Quite annoying to be kicked to a crowded channel and have to manually reboot the router to rejoin the desired DFS channel. Thanks in advance.

Options
Re:AX50 - Router does not observe 5 GHz Wi-Fi channel settings after some time-Solution
2021-08-09 01:45:57 - last edited 2021-08-09 01:46:04

Hi @draguindin and anyone who are requesting the firmware to choose a DFS channel on the Archer AX50, please describe the issue you're experiencing in detail first, such as why do you need to choose a channel manually, how does it affect the network, how did you determine the issue was caused by the channel, etc, we will then confirm the issue and help. Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-09 02:18:24

@Kevin_Z -- The issue is that when a DFS channel is defined and the router is connected to that channel, when the router detects radar and switches to non-DFS it does not switch back to the radar is no longer detected on that channel. This defeats the purpose of being able to define a DFS channel for those of us who live in areas susceptible to occasional disruption.

The LAN is affected because we are relegated to the channels which our neighbors occupy which may lead to decreased performance.

Personally, it affects my home office while on video conferencing calls (Zoom/MS Teams) when on a channel shared with a neighbor. Audio on the call cuts-out for up to 20 seconds, though the video is unaffected. I've posted about this problem in other threads on this forum and elsewhere and some recommendations were to find an unshared channel (TP-Link support suggested disabling beamforming and fast switching. When neither worked they suggested it was an issue with the internet itself). After switching from the Deco M9 Plus to the Archer AX50, I attempted defining an unshared channel and the issue was fixed (so far since this last week).

The request is that the router continue to scan for the radar after being kicked-off the defined DFS channel. If it's not detected after however long determined by local regulation it should reconnect to the defined DFS channel so that we enjoy the channel to ourselves, which is the point of the feature that draws customers to a product such as the AX50.

Options
2021-09-19 06:27:26

@Kevin_Z Hi, I'm having the same issue. I have Archer AX50 v1.0, with firmware 1.0.9 Build 20200708 rel.55037(4555).

For 5GHz I need to select some of the DFS channels to have max speed, because one of my neighours is using channel 36 and it is congested - I can't go above 865Mbps connection speed.

When I select channel 52 or 56, after some time the router always switches to channel 36 and never returns to the manually selected channel (I mostly use 56).

(please see the attached image).

Could you please provide me with a firmware that works on a DFS channel?

File:
unnamed.pngDownload
Options
2021-11-06 14:49:44

@woozle I'm experiencing exactly the same issue with DFS channels. It's a really pity that this has not yet been fixed with an official firmware update. Even more, I doubt there are really any radar signals nearby, because I live in a city center and there are other 5HGz wifi routers around me using the DFS channels. Maybe the router just false detects other weak wifi signals as radar signals? It makes no difference what DFS channel I select, the next day the router always use the channel 36. I'm therefore forced to use non-DFS channels, which of course are more occupied.

Options
2021-11-11 19:55:46
Update: the 5GHz channel resets back to 36 even for non DFS channels :-(
Options
Related Articles