Archer C20 Range Extender mode "times out" on IP address, can't open tpwifilink.net

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C20 Range Extender mode "times out" on IP address, can't open tpwifilink.net

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-25 02:37:11 - last edited 2020-05-25 02:59:10
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: sorry can't access tpwifilink.net to find it

Tonight after much fiddling, I got my new Archer C20 to work in Range Extender Mode.

When following the basic instructions that accompanied the router, I kept getting "no internet" despite repeated resets, etc...

Then I changed the IP address to 192.168.02 and selected "Lock to AP". Then I put "no security" on connecting to host. It worked immediately, HOWEVER now I cannot access tplink or 192.168.02.

If I try tplink I get the "Trying to configure the Router?" page and if I try the IP address then it times out. My PC tells me this is the correct IP address and that the fault is with the router. (I tried clearing the cache, different browsers etc... too to no avail.)

Please help if possible,

Thank you,

Sarah

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C20 Range Extender mode "times out" on IP address, can't open tpwifilink.net
2020-05-25 15:14:00

@Tchr22 

The router management IP is usually the default gateway, try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.

Below is the link to the User Guide manual, good for reference and troubleshooting tips.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-c20/

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/Archer-C20_V5/

Options
Re:Archer C20 Range Extender mode "times out" on IP address, can't open tpwifilink.net
2020-05-25 15:54:55

Tchr22 wrote

Tonight after much fiddling, I got my new Archer C20 to work in Range Extender Mode.

When following the basic instructions that accompanied the router, I kept getting "no internet" despite repeated resets, etc...

Then I changed the IP address to 192.168.02 and selected "Lock to AP". Then I put "no security" on connecting to host. It worked immediately, HOWEVER now I cannot access tplink or 192.168.02.

If I try tplink I get the "Trying to configure the Router?" page and if I try the IP address then it times out. My PC tells me this is the correct IP address and that the fault is with the router. (I tried clearing the cache, different browsers etc... too to no avail.)

Please help if possible,

Thank you,

Sarah

@Tchr22 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 904

Replies: 2

Related Articles