Deco M9plus V2 firmware update???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-25 16:26:22
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1.1

Here is an version i tried to post to the Dutch TP-link support department onn the website. Ths contact support form first returned an error (!!) and after a seconbd try a blank white page. (luckely i copied the message).

So i am posting it here now for anyone to see.

Hello TP-link support,
I have purhased your Deco M9 plus 3 pack and an additional deco m9 plus unit a few months ago, all in one purchase at Coolblue.nl.

Unfortunately i recently noticed that they had different firmware so i started search online and found en enormous number of threads in this forum about different versions of the M9 deco.
As it turns out i have two different versions (the 3-pack was version 2, the 1-pack was version 1).There are a lot of issues with the differences between these two versions as can be read your own community.

In of of the topics i asked why the firmware updates are not treleased to the v2 although it is already downloadable and tested in the community. There have been a lot of questions anout this subject but unfortunately no answers.
Today i recieved a notification from the TP-link app that a new firmware version 1.40 was available. (the version that was also linked inside the community topic) so i updated.
Disappointment struck me when i noticed that only the V1 deco was updated and not the V2. 
This means that none of the improvements, security patches or bug-fixes are available at my network. I network i spend over 450 euro at!!!
So i am very disappointed in the quality of this service. TP-link claims to be an quality manufacturer but the after-sales service really sucks big time. It makes me furious to reed that you just ignore all thos people that have spend
hundreds of dollars/euro's on your premium solution and they don't even get the proper updates.  I don't want to do half-backed workarounds with some shady application.

I would have bought some cheap-ass router if i wanted that kind of experience.

I have payed premium for ths solution so i expect a premium support.
Please contact me, i have a right to these updates!!

Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco M9plus V2 firmware update???
2020-05-26 11:48:33

same problem here

Options
2020-05-26 14:23:00

@Bazzz 

they released yesterday a new firmware for the V1 Deco M9 Plus

Options
2020-05-26 14:46:25

@OrionPax Just sold my V1 3 pack... and bought 2 new v2 3 packs  

Options
2020-05-26 18:58:27

@Bazzz that sucks... 

Options
2020-05-26 19:04:12

@OrionPax can't believe people are taking this sh!t!

Options
2020-06-02 11:06:15

I just got an e-mail from  the dutch support department that (if everything goes as planned) the update for V2 is deployed in Q3 2020.

Options
2020-06-08 18:31:32

@OrionPax

Q3? What the hell...it takes an entire year for them to QA firmware for v2? 1.3 came out for v1 back in October...this is so stupid. 

Options
2020-06-08 18:31:42

Alright folks...so the latest 1.4.0 firmware was just released for the Deco M9 Plus...I was so excited and pushed it to my 4 Deco M9+ access points right away...that excitement ended when I saw that, once again, only my v1 M9+'s updated. So I have 3x v1 M9+ on firmware 1.4.0 and 1x v2 on firmware 1.212. Features and performance are not consistent because of that single v2 M9+

TPLINK!!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I have been waiting since October of 2019, for you to unify the features and firmware across the Deco M9 Plus model. Why are you treating the hardware versions like completely different models? Shouldnt you test and push out firmware that works across all Deco M9+ versions? Otherwise, stop selling the v2 hardware immediately. I can't find v1 hardware for sale at any reputable retailer, unless you will support a used v1 M9 that I buy from a seller on eBay?  I am stuck with having a mixed v1 and v2 in my setup.

I called support and asked if you would RMA my v2 and give me a v1 so I can have a consistent set of features across all my Deco M9 Plus access points...I was told no and to ask the retailer if they can send me a version 1. Hello, it doesnt work that way. Amazon doesnt tell you which version of the hardware, they just send you Deco M9 Plus, and the version you get is up to chance.

This is really lame and I have tried hard to be patient..but your approach to hardware support is completely insane, and I am done waiting for you to figure it out. I will be returning these to Costco and moving on to anything other than TP-Link, like ASUS, which had a superior UI and feature set anyway.

You've lost additional opportunity with me as well...I was thinking about moving my wemo home automation hardware over to TP-Link, but after this experience, I am running as far away as I can from TP-Link and will not recommend your product to anyone I know.

Options
2020-06-17 11:22:54

I just updated to the beta version myself since i wasrunning out of IP address reservations.

Now i have 64 in stead of 16 which is obviously a lot better.

It seems to work OK but it is still ridiculous that i have to resort thse kind of measures to just use thje full potenial of my hardware.

Also : the Web UI looks nice but is very limited in functionality so i don't really see the point of that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1463

Replies: 9

Related Articles