Accessing a Printer through another router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-25 21:46:24
Model: TL-WR1043N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 20160607 Rel.58297n

Hello! I have a little problem. This is my network:

The thing is that i want to access the printer through the router 2... I found a solution that i would disable DHCP server on router 2 and connect the routers through LAN ports... but i cant have access to the router 2. ( i still want to use the WIFI, VPN etc..).. so this solution is not working very well for me... 
Router 2 is Archer A6 v2.0 (TP-Link)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Accessing a Printer through another router.
2020-05-25 22:27:19 - last edited 2020-05-25 22:29:56

@iSkyle 

Perhaps assigning a static IP for the printer, or using MAC/ARP/IP binding. Next, put the printer IP in the DMZ of the router 1, which would allow router 2 access without sacrificing router 2 features. Possibly some work might be needed on router 2 too, placing the printer IP in router 2 DMZ. If the printer has UPnP along with router 1, this might help the setup. Attempt one option/parameter at a time to see how goes the result.

Some options to explore, good luck, do update with results.

Options
Re:Accessing a Printer through another router.
2020-05-26 09:28:36 - last edited 2020-05-26 09:31:19

@Godzilla 

The thing is that i cannot assign a IP for the printer because, i use the Print Server function from Router

I kinda need to access the Local Network from Router 1 through Router 2, because this is how the App works...

Options