AV1000 PLC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AV1000 PLC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AV1000 PLC
AV1000 PLC
2020-05-27 12:40:17 - last edited 2020-05-27 15:08:39
Model: TL-PA7010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I bought several pairs of PLCs, the AV1000 model, a few months ago (I already had older PLCs with a much lower bit rate, I wanted to upgrade the internal network).

I have a NAS connected to a router which is connected to my Internet box. The router is connected to a PLC. When everything is operating normally, all the equipment in the house (PC, computer, TV, etc.) connected via a PLC accesses the internal network of the house and therefore the content of the NAS.

Following a problem with the telephone line, I have no longer had an internet connection since the start of the week, and to my surprise, the communication between the various devices in the house has stopped working since my internet line is down ! The "network" LED of the PLCs lights up red.

Since when do PLCs need an internet connection to function ?

What is this aberation from the designers of this product ?

It would therefore be impossible with this model of PLC to create an internal LAN network in his home?

Fortunately, I had kept my old PLCs which work perfectly despite the absence of an internet connection.

I just feel like I threw my money out the window ...

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV1000 PLC
2020-05-27 19:49:40

@nico974 

It might be a power saving thing. Some of the TP-Link adapters have a feature that after some time without a cable connection they shut down. Try to connect a cable directly to it, and using the TPPLC utility disabling the power saving.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 1

Related Articles