Laptop Wireless to ethernet query

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-19 02:36:42
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : http://forum.tp-link.com/register.php

ISP :

I already use 2 TP Link Powerline TL PA211 adaptors to access the internet 1 via an XBox and the other via TV. I have just bought 2 more TL PA251 AV200 Powerline Adaptors for occasional use with 2 laptops that normally access the internet via a wireless wi-fi connection.

1 laptop has Windows Vista Operating System, the other laptop has Windows 7 OS.

When I connected the laptop with an ethernet cable I assumed an option would automatically appear on the laptop to select the wired ethernet connection rather than the wireless wi-fi connection but no such option appears. I can see an entry in the Network Sharing Center for an unidentified network which relates to the TP Link powerline (as when I disconnect the ethernet cable from the laptop it disappears) however I can't work out what to do to make that work. I did disconnect the existing wireless connection in the hope that this would allow me to connect using the powerline but this did not work.

Can anyone advise what i need to do on the laptops to set up the additional option of connecting to the internet using the TP Link Powerline ethernet cable rather than the normal wireless connection?

Are the steps to follow different for Windows Vista than for Windows 7?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Laptop Wireless to ethernet query
2013-06-19 17:55:32
I think the main problem is the TL-PA251 is not communicating with TL-PA211. You can try to pair them to make them talk with each other or use the CD software to make them communicate with each other. Here is an instruction on how to make them work through the CD software: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=321
The light like a house must be bright green when they are talking to each other.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 502

Replies: 1

Related Articles