Change wifi channel on Deco X60

Change wifi channel on Deco X60

81 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco X60
2023-10-19 15:16:13

AlvLa wrote

if your phone does not have 5Ghz, you can not use that. You need a 5Ghz phone, if I may advise buy one with wifi6. gl

@AlvLa  My phone supports 5ghz and works on other routers but not on deco and saw that deco is giving channel number 40 on 5ghz that's why it's not showing on my phone

Options
2023-10-20 17:39:49
okay, can you name the brand of phone? In my experience the TPlink is using more channels and 'adapts to your environment'. I am using 2,4 and 5 simoultaneously...
Options
2023-10-20 18:04:49 - last edited 2023-10-20 18:07:15

AlvLa wrote

okay, can you name the brand of phone? In my experience the TPlink is using more channels and 'adapts to your environment'. I am using 2,4 and 5 simoultaneously...

@AlvLa 

I see when flight mod in enable and rebooted the device i see 5ghz but when sim detected 5ghz gone. but i checked these channels 149, 153, 157, 161 are working after sim detection, but deco is not giving me this channel or setting it manually.

Options
2023-12-18 09:18:21 - last edited 2023-12-18 09:58:59

Not being able to lock the 2.4 channel is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

I use zigbee,  the default channel is 15 which is 2425 MHz. For some reason my Decos thought it a good idea to pick wifi channel 4, which is 2427 MHz. Of course that pretty much killed my zigbee network. So the notion that these decos select a channel based on least interference is laughable. They probably only check for wifi signals, which is no good if you have anything else on 2.4.

So i reconfigured my zigbee to a different channel, spent half the day re-pairing all my zigbee devices. 2 days later, after a power outage, my deco routers decided channel 4 was not a good idea after all, and they picked channel 9, AGAIN OVERLAPPING WITH MY ZIGBEE. 

Im gonna smah my decos with a hammer and replace it with something any 15 year old router can do, select a frigging wifi channel.

Options
2023-12-29 10:27:25

I also regret buying Deco. These are overpriced toys. Nothing more.

The lack of such a basic setting as selecting a Wi-Fi channel is a disgrace.

I'm going to sell them and buy something that will actually allow the user to set some settings beyond the SSID

Never again tplink

Options
2023-12-29 16:12:28

I'm right there with you. This so called smart mesh system is a disgrace. If you don't permit us to manually set a channel(s), then make the Network Optimization function an automatically running process, say at 0300 each day, instead of forcing me to run it manually. The irony is that it almost always says some of the frequency bands have a high degree of channel interference and then I have to run it MANUALLY, nearly every day, morning & night. Beyond irritating...

I'll be sure to find a new mesh solution that permits me to set the channels because my WiFi analysis tools on my tablet allow me to see what's in use around me and to properly set my WiFi channels like on my previous solution. Wish I'd done more research, but that's life and another lesson learned.

Options
2024-01-09 10:31:04

@David-TP 

I also have constant connection problems and would like to change the channels manually.

Bro, if the product was working as it was "expected to" no one, except some geeks :),  in this forum would be "begging" for that. We all know that right?

Please stop "briefing" about "what is mesh; how it shall be configured/designed"... 

Why dont you just provide two options "1-automatic 2-manual" and let us solve our problems.

I think I know the answer...

There is a serious problem with the hardware, otherwise it would have been already provided in 3 YEARS!

Deco? Complete dissatisfaction...

Will return and will warn my friends about tp-link products!

Sorry!

Options
2024-02-19 20:50:11

Zigbee is a reason we need to set our own wifi channel. Mine is clashing and deco x60 network optimization says its perfect!

4 years on i dont think your developers will be adding such a simple feature, so disappointing. Im a developer too so know its not hard and doesnt need "market research" that another response mentioned.

I will also be looking to switch to a different brand.

Options
2024-03-23 19:18:33

Same as the other, Deco is causing issue with my Zigbee network. As the issue is open since a couple of year and no resolution in sight, i'll try to find a new device

Options
2024-04-13 09:28:30

@David-TP unfortunately this argument breaks when you realise your deco system will choose channels on 2.4ghz that my ring cameras cannot see (ring uses a restricted set of channels, your deco system can shift to channels outside of this range.

Therefore as I could with my netgear Orbi, and every other sane WiFi router out there, I could set the channel manually so then my ring cameras could see the AP again. 

I consider this a glaring feature omission in deco. I could not give a stuff about performance or having a performant system. This is not my use case. I care about getting specific devices working irrespective of localised QRM.

Options
Related Articles