Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
151 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?
2020-06-15 21:40:28

rick1975 wrote

After 2 reboots all works fine now.

This. I think it was rebooting *twice* that fixed it for me.

I've kept 2.4GHz ax on (I have two clients on the network that use it).

I have turned the 5GHz and 2.4GHz *guest* networks off again (I don't remember turning 2.4GHz guest on, but it was on after the f/w upgrade), and I rebooted *twice*. Now everything on my network is sweet and working well.

My AX6000 is in access point mode + DHCP server enabled.

Options
2020-06-16 05:47:35

@Efour 

now hoping that it still work flawless after a few days.

Dropouts on 5ghz are back here... :(

Options
2020-06-18 04:26:24

@Gank I haven't had any issues with AX6000 on this firmware version. Looking at your settings, the only thing I have different on my 5GHz setting is Airtime Fairness is turned off.

-Randy

Options
2020-06-18 18:35:27

Having problems with this release too.

After installing and then re-initializing the router the 5G is good for me. But, my 2.4 is not. None of my WEMO smart plugs will connect and neither will my HP Printer.

Have tried a number of configurations, none have worked. I installed an old router as an access point and turned off 2.4G on the TP-Link and everything reconnected immediately.

As far as re-installing the previous release, this is just embarrassing. I'm in the Tech Field and we would never design anything which would not include a backout plan.

This is just ridiculous, This needs to be fixed quickly, Its already been out and negatively impacting people for more than a week.

Options
2020-06-18 21:35:37

@CabrioArtie 

My Wemo's are all dead as well - no configuration will make them reconnect with  this newest firmware. I wanted to downgrade and as others have found it's impossible. Pretty much all my smart stuff is now dead i nthe water - I wonder if TPlink even cares. 

Options
2020-06-19 05:45:16

@bheywow  @CabrioArtie 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you personally, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-06-19 05:51:17

@Solla-topee I am having the same issue.  I've factory reset (Soft and Hard reset)  reflash the firmware and I am still getting issues.  I tried to downgrade with the stable version, unfortunately failed.

Options
2020-06-19 05:54:00

@Akuini 

Hi, do you mean you also have a connection issue with your smart device with the 2.4G network? May I have more details, such as what is the brand and model of your smart device?

How about the LAN and 5G connection of the AX6000?

Options
2020-06-19 06:03:36

@Solla-topee  Yes,  I think there is a bug in the current version of the firmware.  the router acts like the AP isolation is enabled "it is not enabled on my settings"  so the issue is all the device that are connected to 2.4Ghz are unable to ping 5Ghz devices (Vice Versa).  I have multiple smart devices including chrome cast and not of them works if the client and the host are not connected on the same frequency.  the workaround will be is disable one frequency and force all on one but you will loose the flexibility and advantage of having both enabled.   on the side note all my devices connected via wired are accessable on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz clients

Options
2020-06-19 06:22:59

@Akuini 

Hi, thanks for your swift reply and our engineer will contact you via email then, please keep in touch with him for further troubleshooting.

Good days.

Options
Related Articles