Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
151 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?
2020-07-16 13:16:31

@Kevin_Z 

This piece of trash.

Ver1-1-0-P2[2020047-rel80857]

You all posted this firmware in early June...you have since taken it down from YOUR website.  You know exactly what firmware all of us are talking about.  This is ridicilous.

Options
2020-07-17 02:29:06

@DKJr 

Yes, they have removed the 1.1.0 version firmware from the official website as it seemed to cause lots of issues and they then provided new betas to solve it. Did you try the beta firmware they provided? It seems to solve the issue and the network is a lot better. Good luck.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-07-17 02:41:59

@Liverpool20 

Yes we have and NO it doesn't.

We are now being asked to beta test their software for them so that they can iron out the bugs, while introducing many others.
We paid for the hardware, we didnt pay to be their beta testers. 
This is the reason why people are getting rid of their AX6000 routers and going to other brands. They want a product to work. 

Its not like they are asking the TP Link developers to add Homekit support or something drastic. Just make sure the firmware that they release publicly is stable and mostly bug free before they go live.

I mean thats not too much to ask really is it?

Options
2020-07-17 02:50:20

@AGSystem 

Totally agree with you. We are not paid betatesters but if they can solve the issue by the firmware we helped to test, that would be still accepable.

Do you still encounter unstable issue with this beta firmware? Did you try to contact their senior engineers via email, maybe they have something new? I think you may give it a shot. Mine is a lot better, so i will keep monitoring and update here.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-07-17 11:52:10

@Liverpool20 

the beta(s) have not solved the issues.  there is a VERY simple fix for this for now....the March 2020 firmware (the one that is now the latest available on their website) was solid and working - - we cannot roll back to it - - the very simple fix here until they get their act together is to simply allow AX6000 owners to install the March 2020 firmware - - this is not rocket science.  I will say that I will never buy any TP-Link equipment again - this is beyond ridicilous.  I get that sometimes firmwares have bugs and need to be fixed - - fine - - but allow your customers to GO BACK to a firmware that worked.  I do not understand this....it is a simple simple fix that would make your customers be okay with this...but come on....you wont allow us to install it.....it is ridicilous.

Options
2020-07-17 11:54:26

@Liverpool20 

I will also say - I spent 2.5 hours on chat with them - - it was one of the most frustrating chats that I have ever had...."sir there is no June 2020 firmware - the latest firmware is from March" - - -yes, I KNOW that - - because you took down the June 2020 firmware - - "can you take a screenshot to show what firmware that you think you have installed" - - it was 2.5 hours of this - - it was ridicilous!!!

Options
2020-07-18 10:55:25

I have a one month old ax6000. Today, I had a power failure in my house. When the power came back and router restarted, I had no internet. When I checked the SSID visible, my wifi ssid was gone and the tplink default ssid ( with default pass printed on router ) was there. I had to login, setup my ISP ( static IP ) and wifi settings all over again. 

I am on 1.1.0 Build 20200427 rel.80857. I had NO ISSUES in the last one month. Router was stable and I got full speeds on wired and wireless lan ( 500mbps up/down internet connection ) 

Can you guys let me know why my router just reset itself to default settings ? It's a bit weird and if it happens when I am not there then my family will be stuck without the internet because they can't setup routers and my ISP customer care doesn't configure routers ( They will just come and setup the net on a single laptop ) 

Options
2020-07-20 03:02:09

I got an email that support would help me instal the version of the firmware from before all these problems started, reluctantly I'm going to give it a try. I have not been using the router in a few weeks. It's not worth anything to me like that so I might as well give it a go. But I still feel like they need to have better appdev processes in place to actually test stuff before they blow up everyones router. What a waste of time, I guess they need to issue comands somehow to allow the downgrade. I wish thye would just give me those instructions. 

Options
2020-07-20 10:08:15

@bheywow 

WOW -- let us know how we can go back to an older firmware!!!

Options
2020-07-20 12:46:20
I've tried to load the older firmware, it will not let you!
Options
Related Articles