[Solution] Fixed the internet unstable connection issue with my Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Solution] Fixed the internet unstable connection issue with my Archer C6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
79 Reply
Re:【Resolved Solution】Fixed the internet unstable connection issue with my Archer C6
2020-06-15 07:27:26

The worst decision to take TP-Link router. Should have gone for D-Link or Netgear... 

Did the mistake. Lesson learnt. Will force everyone not to use TPLINK

Options
Re:【Resolved Solution】Fixed the internet unstable connection issue with my Archer C6
2020-06-18 05:39:28

Seems I've the same idea that never touch again with TP-Link Router with frequency Hang up...

Options
2020-06-18 07:53:22 - last edited 2020-06-18 08:18:39

@DeLiYocoo i am facing issues with stability since last 2 updates which have been removed from Archer C6 V2 firmware page.

Current firmware is : 1.3.4 Build 20200512 rel.51608

I hope they push a new update soon to fix this since there is no way to go back to older ones officially.

Options
2020-06-18 19:16:24

@DeLiYocoo 

Hey .. please give me beta firmware. i facecing same issue on my archer C60 router. please send me to this email.

DeLiYocoo wrote

I just bought an Archer C6. In the first week, it works fine and I'm satisfied with its performance and Wi-Fi range. I would say it's perfect at this price. But the situation becomes worse after one week. I found that the router will drop the internet connection every few days. I have to reboot it to get the internet back. It's very UNACCEPTABLE. I have to say it's a disaster for me when I’m playing games.

I check the router when this issue occurs, the LED turns red; I try the diagnose tools provided on the router, I cannot get a reply when I ping google.com.

I have called my Internet provided to check my line because I think it's their fault. No luck, the man from my ISP has come to my home and checked the line quality, the modem is OK and stable. He said it's the router and I should call tplink. Then I have to call tplink for help. Troubleshooting is not helpful after I talk with the first agent. He asked me to check the LED status, change DNS, reset router... Finally, the agent said he can do nothing to help me and I have to fight with their senior engineers. I decided to give them a last chance because I think this router is worth saving if they can fix my issue. The senior engineer asked for a remote assistant because they want to check my issue quickly. OK, that's what I want. He used a tool named Wireshark to capture some data and told me will contact me again.

Luckily, two days later, he came back to me and gave me a beta firmware. After testing the beta firmware for more than a month, the router remains working fine. The senior engineer is efficient and technical. I'm very happy about their service.

This is the explanation from the senior engineer, for who may get help from my case:

"We have found that the lease time of your IP address is 5 minutes, which means every 2.5 minutes the router will renew its IP address. The router may lose connection after frequent DHCP renew. This is a small probability event. However, renew time is too short and frequent, which makes it possible. We have fixed your issue with beta firmware. The official firmware will be ready in the future."

This is my story with this router. Thank you for your help, tplink.

karan8530@gmail.com

Options
2020-06-19 12:45:13

@DeLiYocoo 

I have the same problem, waiting for news

Options
2020-06-19 15:55:42 - last edited 2020-06-19 15:59:53
Options
2020-06-19 21:11:16 - last edited 2020-06-20 07:45:39

.....and loosing 10 devices again from 2.4Ghz network after 10h.

Just crying... 

[Edit] setting the authentification and Encryption mode to Auto/Auto seems to solve the problem.

Now about 10h without disconnect.

Options
2020-06-20 06:57:11

Такая же ситуация. Арчер с6  день или два работает потом WI-FI сеть не доступна  пока не перезагрузишь роутер. У меня есть роутер tp link n750  работает исправно каждый день и 12 потребителей на нем висят на WI FI. Купил этот Archer c6  характеристики у него суппер дальность для меня это главное Тоже суппер Внимание когда все работает. Да я его сдал в ремонт по гарантии мне поменяли на другой. Внимание он тоже на следующий день перестал работать только WI FI  Проводной работает. Кто решил проблему ответь пожалуйста на почту 8106363@ua.fm

Options
2020-06-21 17:49:13

The same problem with beta 1.3.6

Options
2020-06-22 14:45:30

@jaybeepk not sorted out yet, they get me a new firmware but it is sitll having the same issue, I just emailed them back to see if they have something else to try. Waiting for feedback... I'll try to keep you posted.

Options