DECO M9 PLUS - only high end laptop cant access internet; tried everything i know

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO M9 PLUS - only high end laptop cant access internet; tried everything i know

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-05 18:59:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.11

Hi everyone,

sooo, heres a head scratcheer for us all.

About 9 months ago i got me a set of Deco M9s and they served me well;

untill i decided to upgrade my laptop, and now i am at my witts end...

Scenario: Main DECO with slaves setup, so the main one is doing all the DHCP stuff in the network,

Slaves are set up with Ethernet backhaul. working like a charm on my phones, TVs, tablets...

pushing close to 300Mbps on a speedtest from a ONE plus 7, and a HP Specter x360.

Then recently i bought a MSI G65 STEALTH 9SG, and the regrets started...

As long as i stay in range of the main deco, and not to close to the slaves so it woudnt switch to them, everything works fine,

but ones it jumps to a slape... NO INTERNET ACCESS.

the only thing to do at that point is turn wifi off, turn it back on, and it will work for 30 sec. before having to repeat the exercise.

since my office is close to the living room i resorter to a USB-ETHERNET adapter pluged in to the USBC monitor to get a stabil connection, but i cant get this laptop out of the office... defeating the purpose...

TP support is on the case but so far they are scratching there heads as much as I am...

The store where i bought them kindly send me a new set thinking this might resolve the issue, without result. same issue on the new set.

Googling for days/months now, would appreciate all feedback you guys can give.

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:DECO M9 PLUS - only high end laptop cant access internet; tried everything i know
2020-06-06 06:42:04

@Bjornemmy Hello, I have the same problem, I have a hp and it is annoying to activate the WiFi from time to time. 

At first I thought it was my laptop or my Internet but no, it's the deco and lack of features, we've been waiting for an update that fixes these issues but we've been waiting almost a year. 

Greetings Sleater 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 440

Replies: 1