Archer C6 v2 randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 v2 randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
33 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v2 randomly rebooting
2021-08-24 07:29:29

@Rasinhas Hi Everyone and @Rasinhas I had been facing this random rebooting issue since the inception of my purchase and specifically when it operated on Smart connect mode or if I dedicatedly switched to 5ghz. After a lot of combinations here what stopped routers random rebooting and now I can say its 100% stable.

1) Login in to advanced mode - Wireless settings and change the transmit power to Medium or Low.

2) Nat Forwarding and un tick all options under NAT sub category and switch off the NAT forwarding completely.

3) And disable to IPV6 completely and change select Use my device MAC address.

Smart connect option is switched off and individually select the band you want to connect.

Reboot the router. I have posted this steps after keeping the router under observation for 24hrs with multiple surfing platforms and downloads - uploads.

p.s you need to have a stable power source and do not use any other adaptor cone what may even its from the same OEM.

I still cannot guarantee if this would work for you but if it does please share this as much as possible and lets help the community as TP-LINK has failed to address this issue.

Best of Luck ;)

Options
2021-12-29 07:22:38

jayvratsakhare wrote

@Rasinhas Hi Everyone and @Rasinhas I had been facing this random rebooting issue since the inception of my purchase and specifically when it operated on Smart connect mode or if I dedicatedly switched to 5ghz. After a lot of combinations here what stopped routers random rebooting and now I can say its 100% stable.

1) Login in to advanced mode - Wireless settings and change the transmit power to Medium or Low.

2) Nat Forwarding and un tick all options under NAT sub category and switch off the NAT forwarding completely.

3) And disable to IPV6 completely and change select Use my device MAC address.

Smart connect option is switched off and individually select the band you want to connect.

Reboot the router. I have posted this steps after keeping the router under observation for 24hrs with multiple surfing platforms and downloads - uploads.

p.s you need to have a stable power source and do not use any other adaptor cone what may even its from the same OEM.

I still cannot guarantee if this would work for you but if it does please share this as much as possible and lets help the community as TP-LINK has failed to address this issue.

Best of Luck ;)

@jayvratsakhare thanks mate.

I changed  the transmit power to Medium and the random reboots stops. 

Options
2022-02-09 13:00:24

@Rasinhas I think you guys did what I did and hence the issue. It seems we've blinded picked the firmware with latest version number. We should however check the back of the router for the model and use only that firmware (US or EU). Using the US firmware on the EU model seems to be causing the problem. We will need rollback to the EU version available in download center.

Options
Related Articles