Extremely slow download speed on ps4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-11 10:04:12
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys,

has any one had this issue ? My internet speeds seem to be good. I'm connected wirelessly. But I'm getting different speeds on different speed test sights. The tether app shows the highest speeds. But speedtest.net is is showing my speeds are under half of what the tether app is saying. 

im getting 517.5mgps upload and 760.8mgps download.

speed test is saying 154.82mgps download. 

does any one know what's going on?

im also getting extremely slow download speeds on ps4. I just ran a test and am getting 20.2mgps download and 1.7mgps upload. This Dosnt seem right considering I've just upped my internet plan to fibre max and purchased this router. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Options
11 Reply
Re:Extremely slow download speed on ps4
2020-06-12 06:49:47

@Nossy12 

Hello, please help verify some details and we will try to fix it together:

1. May I know who is your ISP? What is the speed you can get when you connect a computer directly to the modem?

2. Without any devices connected, please connect one computer to the AX11000 directly and go to speedtest to run the test for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.

And please tell me the wired link speed at that time, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

3. The speed tested on the Tether app might be different from that on your computer, we may think the Tether speed is more like the connection speed between the router and your internet, which would be different from the speed you can get on the computer.

4. Do you enable any QoS setting on the router? Try to disable it and check again.

5. You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2170.html

Good day.

Options
2020-06-12 22:34:46

@Solla-topee thank you very much for the reply. I will get you these details today. I just have a couple questions. 

for number 2. Do I need to disconnect all devices from wireless and connect the laptop to the AX11000 by Ethernet cable, or wirelessly?

and for number 4. I'm not to sure whether I enabled QoS, but I did specifiy the internet to be for gaming under the QoS option, becuase I was getting latency spikes while playing call of duty. Do I need to return the settings to normal?

here is the speed on my laptop at the moment (wireless)

i will get you other speeds today. Thank you 

Options
2020-06-13 05:29:10

@Solla-topee okay mate, I went out today and purchased an adaptor so I could connect my MacBook to the internet wirelessly.

I couldn't connect my laptop the modem directly, but when I disconnected all wireless devices and connected my laptop directly to the router, here are the three photos. It's very strange as it started high, then dropped right down to very slow speeds considering what I should be getting.

i have also attached my wired connection speeds, I wasn't sure what Ethernet it was so I've attached both photos.

I spoke to some one today at the electronics store and he said there's no way I should be getting these speeds, he said I need to call TP link and perhaps change some settings. Otherwise I may need to bring it back into the store as it could be faulty. Is there a number I can call some one ?

thanks for your help mate, I appreciate it!

Options
2020-06-15 09:04:30

@Nossy12 

Hello, thanks so much for your detailed information.

Can we try to turn off the QoS on the Tether and check again? Please go to Tether Homecare page-QoS, check and ensure it is on the Standard Mode, then get back to the Clients' page, check all the clients connected to the router, and ensure the High Priority is disabled.

Then check the speed again.

May it help.

Options
2020-06-16 11:02:02

@Solla-topee  you are welcome mate, I followed your steps and I'm unsure if it worked. I am getting good speeds some times. I had 400mgps download before I left for dinner. But when I came back I was only on 80mgps. Do you think I may have a faulty router? Or is there other settings I need to change some where?

Options
2020-06-17 02:12:39

@Nossy12 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.                    

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-09-01 00:22:59

I'm having the same type of problem.  Any reccomendations? 

Laptops are speed testing 300-500, direct connection to modem is 900+ wired in. 

The PS4 is ~20-23mbps.  

Options
2020-09-01 00:55:29
PS4 lies about your connection that's only the extra speed they have and need so you good. unless you actually lag? then prolly ur ports or something like that.
Options
2020-09-09 14:50:07

@mkasa 

Im the same witrh this. Wifi I get 160mbps. via TP Link I get 30-40mbps. 

I get sometimes trhe PS4 speed test isnt great, but if I play Battlefront 2 via LAN/TP Link, I get the poor connection warning, same in Rocket League. Go on to Wifi, and I dont get those warnings.

PC which is connected via TP Link, is fine.

Options
2021-06-02 22:19:12

@Nossy12 

first buy a CAT7 cable from your fibre to the AX11000 

secound i have both Xbox One X and PS4 pro and both connected Wi-Fi  and let me tell you '

nothing to do with AX11000!

xbox x got 500/520mb out of my 500mb fiber while PS4 pro always random result ! Once 90mb then 200 then 250 and last time 50mb so i think it's something on Sony's side !

if i run speed test On my laptop always get the 500mb im paying for ! So ignore the thing and enjoy !

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4388

Replies: 11