Router reboots to disconnect internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-11 14:48:01
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 181127 Rel.56357n(5553)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out with this because neither the TP-Link Technical Support on call could resolve this (despite 5 calls that I made), nor could the email support resolutions resolve this issue. They have been giving same responses now - to no resolution.

So I have tried this with 2 Archer C20 routers and still saw the same issues. The issue is:

My current setup is-

I have a PPPoE connection setup.

Service name specified has already been put in the router's Network page.

Connection always on

Issue:

When i restart the router (remotely from the router config page or from the hardware itself),

2 out of 10 times (or someetime more than 7 out of 10 times), the WAN light turns Orange and the internet does not work, and neither does the WiFi.

I have tried:
Changing the connection type to - Connect manually WITH Max Idle Time: 0

Using the updated Firmware where the dropping of Internet was more frequent and it was determined entirely a Firmware issue.

Downgrading the firmware helped reducing the multiple disconnections TILL THE TIME the router is not being rebooted. After the reboot, the issue persists as mentioned above

NOTE: This issue was not observed when I had my older router setup: Model - TL/WR-740N

Options
4 Reply
Re:Router reboots to disconnect internet
2020-06-12 03:11:42

@supreetsw 

Hello, which country are you from, and what is the region version of the Archer C20? As per your description, it seems more like a customized version for Service Providers in the local market, which means the firmware of the router might be self-designed by your ISP.

Generally, the support for this customized version will be covered by your ISP, and we suggest you contact your ISP first to check if there is any limitation on the firmware.

Options
2020-06-12 12:57:12
@Solla-topee, I'm from Delhi, India. There's no custom Firmware from the ISP. As I mentioned above as well, the same line works (as of 5 days ago) with the older TP link router. This was my router usage and result, to be clearer... *I was using an Archer C20 from the 26th April to 22nd May - This had the same disconnection issues. So I borrowed an old TP link router tested at that friend's place to be working. * I then started using my friend's router - Internet was working great, even if I restarted the router remotely or from the hardware itself, it never came back up without internet or without emitting the Wi-fi signals. * Starting 5th June again I returned the month old Archer C20 and bought another one. Configured it and started using this now. - And the problem persists as I mentioned earlier: a. When i restart the router (remotely from the router config page or from the hardware itself), b. 2 out of 10 times (or sometimes more than 7 out of 10 times), the WAN light turns Orange and the internet does not work, and neither does the WiFi. c. Also I am getting RTO's intermittently when I run a continuous ping on my system for the router's IP : 192.168.0.1
Options
2020-06-12 14:03:00

@Solla-topee See the additional screenshot below, showing random RTOs coming from the router which I was able to capture just now:

Options
2020-06-12 14:44:57

@Solla-topee And more RTOs from the router, while the router logs only show DHCPD logs at that time (20:04 IST), without any errors:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 537

Replies: 4

Related Articles