Votes

Onemesh between two routers

Votes

Onemesh between two routers

193 Reply
Re:Onemesh between two routers
2022-01-25 05:16:31

@Kevin_Z i brought two, now i gotta return them, this is a disaster. 

Options
2022-01-28 05:48:48

Real SHAME! I looked on the site which routers support the mesh and bought 2 Archer C7(V5) routers! I cannot return to the store and exchange for a RE devices because they were opened /out of the box. This is consumer fraud! Tp-links are required to write this information on the website and make a recall of product as other manufacturers do!

Options
2022-02-03 12:46:39

Hi all. Just ran into this same issue. Bought 2 routers (AX55 and AX73) just to find out Onemesh does not work.
Really hoping hard that a firmware update will be released soon.

I can't return them, and definitely feel cheated by TP-Link.

Options
2022-02-07 10:45:45

@Kevin_z 

What is the status of this, you mention before that the original design was "You should use wifi extenders"  to set up onemesh.

is the opinon the same at this time or ...... 

is WDS supported voor AX10 

the only thing we waiting for is an update, the hardware is comaptible for this, right.

hope toe hear form you soon.

regards Hans

Options
2022-02-08 04:22:26

@Solla-topee 

this is so stupid. I have loved and been a proponent of plink for years, but the current firmware is dog shlit. I've set up manual mesh networks on cheap $20 tplink routers for many years, switching wan port to lan and duplicating the ssid and now not only does the garbage one,each not allow multiple routers to operate together, but I can't even disable infrastructure mode and duplicate the ssid for redundancy anymore. Are you kidding me? Who is the idiot that called your routers smart? If the old firmware was "dumb" and you call this new firmware "smart" then you people are losing IQ. I switched to tplink years ago because the hardware was a bargain and the firmware was very flexible but now it is made for idiots and incapable of any actual smart abilities. What a disgrace to tplink, formerly a leader in the pack. I also can't disable the dumb shlit tplink.net redirects. What the hell is that? Multiple routers take a dump because of this idiotic forced dns redirect, EVEN WHILE CONFIGURING!! My god can you fire the morons in your design team and bring back the people with brains? Returning all 12 of these new archer ax routers. Such a disgrace. Can't even install useful firmware like dart or openwrt. How dumb

Options
2022-02-08 04:32:57

@ftibor 

oh and another thing, because you idiots crippled the firmware, not implementing point to point mesh, AND forcibly disabled the ability to switch to ad hoc mode ssid duplication aka manual mesh, all you can do is switch to extender mode. Great, mesh will work now, right? NOPE!!! And furthermore, switching to that mode removes EVERY DAMN SETTING!!! I can't pick my own IP for the device? Are you kidding me? And I can't change the power output so I can at least limit spectrum overlap by lowering the output power?? My god. Literally everything has been broken by your moron developers. What a joke!

Options
2022-02-10 10:03:52 - last edited 2022-02-10 10:04:47

@ftibor i think this wil not help us ......

Because we here noting from TP-Link, i think about selling my TP-Linkrouter and possible try this :

Huawei AX3 Pro  

it has :

* Wifi 6  faster then my AX-10 
* Mesh between to routers by default 
* app on Phone and webinterface

For me a big Question does it support  IGMP Proxy & IGMP Snooping this is needed for my IPTV provider ....

who can help me ?

Options
2022-02-10 20:42:56

@ftibor 

Hi all.

I anover one who trapped to FakeMesh  and ax73, ax55. Will try to return.

Also, the firmware is worse than in the old router.

Options
2022-02-20 16:24:27

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, 

Any updates if connecting two OneMesh Routers will be made a thing in the coming future?

Best regards

Options
2022-02-22 17:29:18

@Sanibelt 

No update today ........ and tommorow and the next couple of weeks........

I think they wil not consider ir REALLY to work-in-progress :( 

Options

Voters 42

+ 38 Voters