Votes

Onemesh between two routers

Votes

Onemesh between two routers

193 Reply
Re:Onemesh between two routers
2021-10-05 19:33:33

@hryszka 

Just return the router and buy another asus for ethernet backhaul aimesh. It won't work from different brands.

Options
2021-10-10 09:04:38
I have just bought AX73 for 2 weeks, disappointed that not support 2 or more routers for onemesh; waste of money! Sure that if TP link has new firmware support, I will buy some routers for my home; if not, sorry this is the last product!
Options
2021-10-24 07:41:29

@Triet  OMG this Suuuuuucks, I just bought a AX1500 to go with my AC1750 for this and it said it was compatible obviously not. This is going to cause huge issues in Australia. Have to go for refund now!!!!

Options
2021-10-24 07:58:51

I found a solution. I've sold all tplink routers (with some losses) and bought asus. Asus works flawlessly and able to build mesh any router to any with roaming and even wired backhaul.

I have ax86 and one xt8 connected via 2,5 gbps ethernet. Strong signal, nice coverage everywhere, fast, best firmware. So, goodbye tplink.

Options
2021-11-03 15:47:22

So in essence there is no way to wirelessly connect two AX routers?! This is beyond ridiculous, what's even worse them admitting that they don't even plan to implement it in the future. Luckily mine C50 still support WDS to connect to newly bought AX23, but I guess that's the last product I will ever buy from them. Why should I use extender instead of another router, makes no sense, and they are even more expensive with less functionality. I really don't understand this decision...

Options
2021-11-23 14:17:45

@Kevin_Z 

Any updates on firmware development for 1 mesh b/w 2 routers along with ethernet backhaul?

Options
2021-11-24 11:53:40

@Aashish_AS 

Hello, we have already forwarded all of your suggestions and opinions to our product team for serious consideration, but sadly we have no updates from them as to whether or when there will be a new firmware or new hardware that allows building a Onemesh network between two routers. As we already said, the Onemesh routers are used to build Onemesh network with Onemesh extenders, and that is the original design.

We agree that it would be good to allow building Onemesh network between routers, but we cannot guarantee now this would be supported by releasing a new firmware. I will update the status if this is available. You can also keep an eye on your product website, there will be a release note for the new firmware if this feature is added.

Options
2021-11-25 08:17:24

@Kevin_Z 

Good to see you've stuck it out from beginning of this thread til even this day.

Though, add +1 to the pile of your collected feedback, expecting this to not be the case. Routers and extenders are nothing new, so when I read "OneMesh" and "No need to ditch your old router" in marketing, it heavily implies, and mistakenly it seems, that two routers can be used together to achieve extending the network.

I'm not in a bind or anything, I'm just disappointed Kevin, thinking I could use my Archer A6 as a repeater. I can still return my AX11000 and switch to ASUS and think of doing this on the next upgraded ASUS router I get after that. I've had good experiences with their routers too.

Hope you're not here repeating yourself forever Kevin.

Options
2021-11-25 10:46:58

@ftibor Hello,

1. I had bought ArcherAH73, to replace ArcherA7 for better performance and to cover more space. With an idea to create one-mesh between them.  I think it is a strange thus do not be able to connect each other in a one-mech. Could someone have an opinion how to do this please? Or the idea is to throw away A7?

2. Is it possible in case one-mesh does not work in this scenario to use A7 connected to AH73?  If yes, how to be cable connected? A23 on LAN port to A7 in a WAN?

Does somebody know?

3.Does someone knows is there KB, about a different scenarios like this?

It is weird!

Thanks in advance.

Options
2021-11-25 14:13:21

Hi,

so I have a 2 story house. The problem is that the C7 router signal is not enough for the 2nd floor. (concrete with a lot of iron)

So I had to pull a cable between the two levels because I need internet on the 2nd floor too, plus there’s a POE switch with cameras upstairs and I want to connect these to my system.

My first thought was to buy an RE module, but unfortunately these modules only have one RJ45 port. So in this case I won't be able to connect the camera1s switch.

For this reason, I thought "OneMesh" should work between 2 routers as well, otherwise you put at least 2 RJ45s on the RE modules. (that was I thought)

I currently have a C7, 2 RE305s (1st floor) and I bought a C80 a few days ago. Okay, I can return the C80, but what should I do with the C7 and 2 RE305? I bought it 1 year ago ... I don't want to switch between wifi modules, and if I know it, the quality of "OneMesh" will be much worse because of the other router.

Will there be a solution for us and can you guarantee when?
Should we wait for it or replace all tp-links?
(Of course, it depends on the time.)

Thank you for your time.

BR
Bali

Options

Voters 42

+ 38 Voters