Adapters failing to connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-18 12:50:01
Model: TL-PA8010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3.32-00_863112_140509_902

I am experiencing problems with two of the adapters in the kit. One has ceased working, and I am now unable to get it to connect from any mains outlet in the house. I have only a single mains distribution board. The other adapter was a spare, worked a few days ago (although it took a few attempts), butnow it too will not connect. The remaining adapter and the wifi extender continue to function perfectly, and both can be seem on the tpplc app on my pc.

I've been through all the reset procedures on bot non-working adapters. I have tried the adapters in various locations around the home, but to no avail.

On one, when I try to attach via the tp-plc app, the power led goes out, then all 3 leds flash momentarily, leaving only power led lit. On the other, all leds flash when it is powered on, but only the power led stays on. When I try to connect to this adpater with the app, the leds do not flash.

How can I get these two adapters to work?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Adapters failing to connect
2020-06-19 11:05:12 - last edited 2020-06-19 11:05:41

@dcdewick 

Update

I have put my two adapters side-by-side on a double mains outlet. I connect one to my laptop with an ethernet cable and run tpPLC. It sees the adapter it's connected to. I try to add the second adapter. Sometime the second adapter can be added, other times it cannot. I doesn't seem to matter where I plug the adpaters in, the only LED that lights is is the power one. Brielfy, on one adapter, all three LEDS flash.

Even when I can see both adapters on my laptop, I cannot pair them with the existing working adapters using tpPLC on my desktop PC.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 1

Related Articles