Archer c7 v5 some devices dropping out off wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-20 19:09:53 - last edited 2020-06-21 10:47:59
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

I recently switched from an Archer C2300 to a C7 to get Onemesh. While the Onemesh features seem to be working ok, I am facing issues with devices intermittently dropping out of the Wifi. I have 2 RE305s connected to my C7 for Onemesh

PCs may come out of standby disconnected and will not automatically reconnect. It says "internet not available" and i then have to reset the wifi connection. Sometimes this happens in the middle of usage.. like in a teams meeting.  The Smart TV also seems to drop connections in the middle of watching something ! and does not reconnect insisting there is no internet on the wifi connection. Other devices will be connected and using the internet fine when this is happening.

While i did have some issues with the Archer C2300, atleast on the TV front it was more of a reluctance to connect on startup at some instances. Not dropping mid usage. 

I have QoS on. I have about 20 devices on the wifi network including phones, tablets, computers, smart assistance and other smart devices. I did look at wifi channels and switched to a channel that was free. But the Onemesh feature seems to need the smart connect feature turned on, which then seems to switch back to a busy channel.

I also noticed when using the WiFi diagnostics on a Mac , my acccess point is showing the country as DE, whereas I am in the UK. I dont know how to change this .

Any suggestions please ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer c7 v5 some devices dropping out off wifi
2020-06-22 07:05:40

@Jojogobi 

Hello, please help check the following details:

May I know the model number of the wireless adapter card on your laptop that encounters this disconnect issue? How about other devices such as smartphones, are they behaving in the same way?

BTW, we will contact you via email for further debugging or troubleshooting, please keep an eye on your email, thanks.

Options
2020-06-22 07:36:45

@Solla-topee 

There are multiple devices doing this. Predominantly it is a Smart TV that drops connections mid stream. There is also a desktop and a laptop doing this ad i believe both of these use Intel wireless.. While the connection drops on the problem device, the other devices are running fine.

Is the QoS function making a mess and trying to prioritise another device incorrectly causing the TV to disconnnect mid stream for instance?

Options
2020-06-22 07:51:57

@Jojogobi 

Hi, thanks for getting back so quickly.

Please disable the QoS feature via the Tether app and check if it makes any difference.

We will ask our seniors to follow it up, please keep an eye on your email box in case they will send you an email. Thanks.

Options
2020-06-22 08:05:21
thank you .. will do. I also got the follow up email for the senior engineers. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1429

Replies: 4

Related Articles