Firmware version confusion...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-20 22:38:33 - last edited 2020-06-22 08:19:02
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can anyone help me please?....i ordered two kits a WPA4220 and a WPA4220 -T, (one has an extender and a single Ethernet Port, the 4220-T has one extender and two Ethernet Ports).  My confusion arises because the extenders in both kits say they are Hardware Version 3.0, but all the Ethernet Ports in both kits say they are hardware version 4. How do I check if they need a firmware update, and if they do, does the same firmware version work on both hardware versions, 3.0 and 4.0??

Kind regards

Hawker52

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Firmware version confusion...-Solution
2020-06-22 08:18:29 - last edited 2020-06-22 08:19:02

@videodrome 

Thank you videodrome, that was the perfect answer to my query....... I followed your advice and it's all working perfectly, as is...

So I won't be mucking about with the firmware unless it becomes necessary!

Thanks again,

Kind regards

Paul

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Firmware version confusion...
2020-06-21 18:23:46

@Hawker52

The TL-WPA4220KIT is usually comprised of 2 different products; a TL-WPA4220 and a TL-PA4010. Firmware is product specific, hardware version specific and region specific.  

If you install the tpPLC utility for PC and go to basic settings > version, firmware info is displayed there. The TL-WPA4220 also displays installed firmware version and hardware version on its web interface at the bottom of the screen, and under System Tools > Firmware Upgrade. 

I'd recommend trying the kit first and if everything works then forget about upgrading firmware. Only upgrade the firmware if you're trying to fix a particular problem mentioned in the release notes, or if the upgrade adds additional features that you'll definitely use.

Options
Re:Firmware version confusion...-Solution
2020-06-22 08:18:29 - last edited 2020-06-22 08:19:02

@videodrome 

Thank you videodrome, that was the perfect answer to my query....... I followed your advice and it's all working perfectly, as is...

So I won't be mucking about with the firmware unless it becomes necessary!

Thanks again,

Kind regards

Paul

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 670

Replies: 2

Related Articles