Two masters for two separate extensions on the same circuit?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-23 02:52:16 - last edited 2020-06-23 19:25:35
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hey guys,

Is it possible to have two masters, each with a slave, run and work on the same circuit? See the problem is some games don't work if there's two PC connected to the extender system, as there is one master it's fed packets from both pcs and the game server doesn't accept that for some reason. (Basically like running two instances of a game on the same PC) So i need two masters connected to the main modem, onw that extends the internet to my pc, and the other to the other pc, all on the same circuit. Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Two masters for two separate extensions on the same circuit?-Solution
2020-06-23 16:19:20 - last edited 2020-06-23 19:25:35

@Do8 

You can certainly run 2 powerline networks simultaneously, providing the main adapters are connected to different ports on your modem/router and paired separately with their own extenders (thereby using different network keys). They'll still be sharing bandwidth though and there's no guarantee it will resolve your gaming issues. Worth a try I suppose.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Two masters for two separate extensions on the same circuit?-Solution
2020-06-23 16:19:20 - last edited 2020-06-23 19:25:35

@Do8 

You can certainly run 2 powerline networks simultaneously, providing the main adapters are connected to different ports on your modem/router and paired separately with their own extenders (thereby using different network keys). They'll still be sharing bandwidth though and there's no guarantee it will resolve your gaming issues. Worth a try I suppose.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Two masters for two separate extensions on the same circuit?
2020-06-23 19:21:47

@videodrome how would I about getting them separately connected? 

Options
Re:Two masters for two separate extensions on the same circuit?
2020-06-23 23:33:41

@Do8 

Reset all of your adapters initially to clear any existing powerline keys, then disconnect them all. Go through the pairing process for the 2 adapters required for the first PC and connect the main adapter to your router, then connect the other main adapter to a separate port on the router and pair it to the adapter for the 2nd PC. That should in theory give you 2 separate powerline networks with different security keys.

I run 2 powerline networks because I was having problems with BT's live multicast TV channels. Now I have 2 BT powerline adapters paired just for the BT box, and the rest paired together with a separate connection to my router for everything else. Seems to work fine and I haven't noticed any bandwidth issues.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 929

Replies: 3

Related Articles