Not working anymore? :(

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-01-29 18:20:59
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WPA281KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Eircom

I bought this kit last week. Set it up and it was working great.
As of Sunday it just sropped working. All I am getting is a flashing light on the wifi adapter. It is picking it up in my phone, laptop, tablet and tv connections but won't connect to it. The light just keeps flashing. I have re-paired the devices, reset them, uninstalled and reinstalled them again. Still the same. Every now and then one thing will connect to it but only one. Getting a bit frustrated now. It's a week old and worked fine for a few days, had the laptop, phone and tv connected and it was working brilliant, now I have nothing.
Any ideas or help really greatly appeciated.
Thanks.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Not working anymore? :(
2013-01-29 19:43:48
How about the PLC light (looks like a house)? Try to pair the KITs for 10s one by one and then pair the router one for 5s, wifi one for 1s.
Options
2013-01-29 23:30:59
Sorry for being stupid.....bear with me now.

I have the main adapter connected to my eircom router with the ethernet cable, the wifi one is connected to my sky box through ethernet cable for on demand to work and then I connect my phone and laptop through wifi on that.

Should I rest the wifi one and try pair them again? Do I hit the pair button the main one connected to the router or the wifi one first or does it matter? Head was melted running up and down the stairs last night hitting pair buttons.

Last night it showed up eventually in my power utility scan thing on the pc that it was connected and I reset the password and that, but still nothing was connecting. All the lights are solid green, the wifi one is the only one flashing all the time, it doesn't go solid at all.

I'm so confused
Options
2013-01-29 23:57:53
Also, I dont know if this makes a difference, I changed the original ethernet cable to a longer one I had at home. I don't know if this would make a difference but the problems started shortly after. The one provided was just too long and I had to have an extra extension lead connected to plug it in.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 3

Related Articles