Archer C6 V2 (US) Variant. BETA UPDATE?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-26 11:33:29
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 20191112 rel.36515(5553)

Is there any new firmware update? even a beta firmware will work?

issues are connection dropping, signal dropping on 2.4ghz etc

A lot of problems are there but a EU beta is given but no beta firmware for US variant is given.

Can anyone provide the link for beta firmware for C6 V2 US Variant? my current firmare is 1.1.5 Build 20191112 rel.36515(5553)..

Tp-Link support is as you all know so poor

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C6 V2 (US) Variant. BETA UPDATE?
2020-06-28 09:25:11

@Uttz 

Hello, sorry we don't have a beta firmware for the US version currently, may I confirm some details before we proceed for the dropping issue?

May I know who is your ISP and which country are you from?

What is the light status of the C6 when the connection drops out? Can you get internet from it via wired cable at that time? Please connect your device to the modem directly to do a comparison test as well.

When the 2.4G connection drops on your clients, how about the wired and 5G, are they stable?

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some tests and tell me which case you belong to.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/ 

Good day.

Options
2020-08-26 00:01:31

@Uttz That's a known problem with Archer C6. 2.4GHz is unreliable, it drops everytime, meaning you can't ping even your router in lan. Wireless and 5GHz are fine. Everyone knows that, except tp-link. We all need a firmware update for the US and EU v2 ASAP.

Options
2020-10-09 15:09:01
Tenemos centenas de esos dispositivos, con el mismo problema
Options
2020-11-30 01:41:17

@Rafat 

Hello, Are both the 2.4G and 5G are not stable and keep disconnecting? How about the wired connection, is it stable? You may check if the internet LED on the C6 is orange or green when you lose the connection, ensure the connection between the C6 and your ISP modem is good. BTW, who is your ISP and what kind of connection are you using on the C6 WAN?

If only the wireless is unstable, you are suggested to modify the wireless settings on the C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width and security settings.

Options
2020-12-05 01:12:47 - last edited 2020-12-07 00:21:09

Heads up.

Dont upgrade to the newest version.. I just reverted now to the same version that you have because it crippled my Gigabit Ethernet, not connecting as Gigabit anymore, just 100mbps

Nevermind guys.

In fact, just be aware.

If you have any issues upgrading to the latest version and have any problems with the ETH0 port, (Which in my case wasn't connecting at 1Gbps) use the following steps.

1. Reset button at the back of the router.

2. Upgrade (via file downloaded from website, not the auto upgrade inside the WebGUI)

3. Reset button (again)

Then it worked.

Now its Ok.

And i thing that this FW solved the problem of ETH0 random disconnecting....

At least, it has never disconnected from the ETH0. I'm testing 24 hours so far. and didn't disconnect once.

Props to @Ivaylo that helped me to solve the problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1863

Replies: 5