Archer AX50 very unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-29 17:24:58
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 build 20200426

Got a new TP-LINK Archer AX50 a few weeks ago. After installed it, it gave me nothing but troubles. It radom dropped Internet multiple times a day. I have both wired and wireless connections, and they all dropped. Sometimes, you could access some sites such as google but not others.

I could ping all the web sites such as google.ca from my PC but web browsing didn't work, so I knew the ISP was fine. Did a firmware upgrade and it was the same issue. Tether app seemed still working eventhough the web browsing didn't work. Had to remove TP-link router out of the network and use old way to access Internet. I'm a bit disappointed, the router is feature rich and easy to use, but that's all useless if the router keeps dropping Internet connections.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 very unstable
2020-06-30 08:19:02

@TPJZ 

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble caused, we will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it. 

So the current Archer AX50 will lose connection on both wireless and wired connections, and all the wireless devices need to disconnect then reconnect to the TP-Link wifi to get internet right?

What is the light status of the Archer AX50 at that time?

Please login to the web UI of the Archer AX50 when it stops working, and please take a full screenshot of the Advanced-Status page and send it to us.

At the same time, with your computer connected to the modem directly, can you access the internet? 

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some tests and tell me which case you belong to.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1249

Replies: 1

Related Articles