TL-WA5210G compatible with TL-ANT2409A?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-19 14:38:19
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-ANT2403N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am trying to pick up my own home base signal approx 20 meters down the road at a neighours (where we will be house sitting for the summer and they have no phone/internet.) I have tried with my small TL-WN722N 150mbps dongle and get 2 out of 5 stripes connection. But this is only when I put it outside the window. I do not want to do this as we are in a town and it is likely to get stolen :(
So... I have tried a 9db screw in antenna on the dongle (actually borrowed off my old TPLink router - model no below) and this increased it to 3 out of 5 stripes, but again, only when hanging out the window.
At present I cannot extend the antenna on my movistar provided home base router (the antennas seem to have a protective collar on them disallowing* removal.) - My idea was to try and boost the signal the base end with a higher db antenna.

I have purchased a TL-ANT2409A antenna and will try that at neighbours to see if signal improved. (not sure it will until I try... The idea also was that this is an outdoor model and can be mounted up high on the building and hopefully prevent theft from passers by!) NB I will be using it with an extension cable. (Does this diminish strength at all?)

OK - The reason I ask will the TL-ANT2409A be compatible with the TL-WA5210G is because someone locally is selling (a brand new, unpacked) one for a good price.
I am new to this and I guess my first Q would be is a 9db antenna compatible with a 12db one (both are 54mbps.) Then anything else I need to consider...

Any pointers/advice welcome!

NB I may end up using my old TL–WR642G Super G on the receiving end rather than the dongle, but this is the next stage of the plan after I have got a good signal between the sending/receiving end!

Thanks...

*PS I am prepared to break this seal on the movistar router to attach an stronger antenna if I think it will work.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA5210G compatible with TL-ANT2409A?
2013-06-23 14:56:07
yes, they are compatible while you need a pigtail cable, TL-ANT24PT.
Options
Re:TL-WA5210G compatible with TL-ANT2409A?
2013-12-11 09:35:12
As for you condition, you won't need any external antennas if you buy the TL-WA5210G because 5120G has 12dbi built-in directional antenna !! But note that it's directional outdoor AP, you will need some guide of installation if you are not familiar with it.
Options