Wi-Fi 6 TX3000E can’t be detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wi-Fi 6 TX3000E can’t be detected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
63 Reply
Re:【Resolved Solution】Wi-Fi 6 TX3000E can’t be detected
2020-11-18 22:30:33

Not sure why this thread is tagged "Resolved" because the issue most certainly isn't.

I just bought this card and I am having the same issues described here with my MSI setup. The driver installs and works fine but as soon as you shutdown the computer forgets it exists and you need to reinstall the next day.

Have followed the advice here to no avail, whats the next step?

Are tp-link addressing the issue?

Can't see anyway to contact them either, is there an email for tech support? 

Thanks

Options
2020-11-19 08:11:56

@Paris_lly 

Yes, as much as is possible.

• I have installed the latest drivers
  • I have updated to the latest BIOS (which was from July 2014!)
  • I have set the BIOS settings to default
  • I have tried the card in the x16 slot 
  • I have tested the USB cable in both the Mobo headers
  • I have changed lots of BIOS parameters testing each one. 

And the kicker, I have put it in my daughters PCs which is also old, but a generation newer.,  It worked straight away, although, on one re-boot it wasn't detected so I moved it to the x16 slot and so far it has been detected every re-boot.

So I conclude that this card does not work in PCs from the DDR2 era with Gen1 PCIe slots.

Options
2020-11-25 13:16:52

@CassiusDuke 

Update.

I have retuend this card for a refund.

I did plug it into my daughters computer and it worked for a few days and then on a re-boot it just wasnt detected any more.

I tried the other PCIE slot (x16) and it worked but was gone again after a reboot.

I put it back in the x4 slot and it worked but...was gone again after a reboot.

I think this card is faulty or has a fundamantal compatability issue.

My advice to you is: send it back and get somthing different.

I got a Gigabyte card and it worked first time and I have had no issues with it.

This is a huge disappojntment becase all 3 of my rotuers are TP-link so I was expecting the best compatabilty between the card and the routers

Options
2020-12-02 14:37:28

@LouieBoy Exactly same problem, using an Aorus motherboard too, tho not the same model, mine is Aorus B550M Elite

Options
2020-12-08 12:03:08 - last edited 2020-12-28 16:06:46

WTH!!!!! I just got this card today and my new pc didnt detect it as well .... this is really shitty feeling especially I have to search for answers and google leads me here... utter rubbish product... Doesn't the engineers test out the product compatibility on all motherboards?????? Why do i feel we as consumers are treated like guinea pigs????????????

I tried EVERYTHING except changing different PCIE slots cos its a m-ATX board. Left a PCIe long slot available as the other is used by GPU... Not detected. The common denominator seems to be affecting most if not all Gigabyte motherboards. 

My pc setup:

Ryzen 5 5600X

Gigabyte B550M DS3H.

16 GB RAM

WIN 10 Pro.

F this $hit!!! Been months and TP Link has not even provided a proper solution.. I'm gonna return this piece of rubbish. Don't even want a replacement unit.

I dont expect any response from TP Link seeing how they treat this issue soo lightly. 

And why was this thread marked as RESOLVED???????????? Trying to scam potential customers?????? 

Good luck on those who r still harping for this piece of crap to work.

Update (28 Dec 2020):

Tried to get a refund from seller but was declined as the pcie card is NOT faulty based on their testing on my motherboard. Vendor tested on the pcie x1 slot and it worked. I am unable to use the x1 slot due to the fact that my GPU takes up 2 slots which I am not willing to sacrifice for a 1 slot sized GPU.

After weeks of not doing anything on the TX3000E which was left in my pc, decided to tinker and hope to get it working. It's working now after a few hours of testing.

What I did:

These steps below only applies to Gigabyte AM4 (AMD Ryzen) motherboards. It may or may not work for you and please don't expect me to assist any further than what I have already done so.

1. Uninstall the built-in (integrated) Realtek GbE LAN drivers. To be sure, install the drivers from Gigabyte and then run the setup again and choose "Remove" or "Uninstall" drivers.

2. Uninstall the TX3000E drivers and bluetooth as well. Goto "add/remove programs" in Win10 and uninstall.  

3. Shutdown PC and reboot into BIOS.

4. In BIOS, search and disable integrated LAN.

5. In BIOS, look for PCIE settings. There are 2. One is for PCIEx16 and the other for PCIe. Select PCIe and Select Gen 2.

6. Save and reboot normally into WIN10.

7. Open "Device Manager" and look under "Network adapters". If it still doesn't detect, go step 5 and select Gen 3. If it still doesn't detect, you might have to try Gen 1 - 4 to see which one works for you.

8. Win10 will auto install a generic drivers for the wifi card. At this point you should be able to install / update the drivers to the latest from Intel website. Google for Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 drivers.

I still experience the non-detection of the card once I shutdown and restart the PC but doing the above steps will hopefully get it working again. So far it happen once and I have not rebooted since.

The steps above are by no means a solution, at most it is just a temporary solution.

Observation

I could only assume Gigabyte mobos with integrated LAN has detection issues if the wifi card is installed on the 2nd PCIEx16 slot. So in the meantime, it's either the wi-fi card or LAN. Can't have both.

Update 2 (28 Dec 2020):

After running well over few hours, decided to reboot a few time to test, it was still working. Left the pc on and went out for dinner. Came back an hour or so, pc was in sleep mode. Once turned on, wifi card dissappeared.... tried all over the steps again, never got it back.

There were reports of Intel wi fi 6 AX200 has similar problems, Google it.

Anyway, I am really sure its gigabyte problem as it was able to detect but once pc is set to sleep, wifi card will be undetectable.

Verdict: lousy product, lousy drivers, lousy after sales and support. Same goes to Gigabyte and Intel. For those who bought this PoS ... I'm afraid we are stuck with it... 

Options
Re:【MOVED】Wi-Fi 6 TX3000E can’t be detected
2020-12-13 16:36:27

Thanks for asking this questions. @Kathy_Z 

Also helps me a lot.

Kind regards

Options
2020-12-15 23:26:46

@Paris_lly 

i have the same problem on a asus z490 motherboard its quite funny how they keep saying update the bios 

Options
2020-12-18 03:28:59
Hola, pudiste solucionarlo? Estoy en la misma situacion con esta Placa de Red Tx50e(Ax3000) con Bluethoot 5.0 conectada en una placa base Gigabyte A520m H. No me reconoce la placa de red en el puerto PCI, no figura ni en la BIOS. Aun sigo buscando soluciones.
Options
2020-12-18 03:46:26

@Kathy_Z Quiero saber si los ingenieros están trabajando para solucionar el problema en la Placa de Red Tx50e Wifi Y Bluetooth 5.0, actualmente está instalada en una placa base Gigabyte a520m H y el sistema no la reconoce en lo absoluto, llegue al punto de enviar mi PC al soporte técnico y tampoco encontró soluciones, me dicen que es un error de compatibilidad de la Placa de Tp Link. Es muy molesto pasar por esto y que aun no le hayan encontrado el error. Se probó reinstalar Windows a diferentes versiones y en ninguna funcionó. Se actualizó la BIOS a la F11n Gigabyte a520m H y el problema persiste. Veo en el foro que muchos clientes están pasando por lo mismo y no encuentran soluciones y mas son los errores frecuentes en una placa base Gigabyte 

Options
2020-12-18 19:01:21

Can someone explain, just bought tx3000e 2 days ago, im using normal router not wifi 6 router version. The thing is why my network connection show ( Intel(R) wifi 6 ax200 160mhz instead of TP-Link  AX3000 TX3000e. Am i installing the driver in correct way?

Options
Related Articles