Votes

[Feature Request] Allow ssh configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-08 14:24:24 - last edited 2022-01-13 07:09:30
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I understand that ssh has only been made available on port 22 for use with the Deco app. However, this is extremely limiting and frustrating as now I'm unable to use ssh for anything whilst connected to the mesh. It has had a seriously negative impact on my ability to work from home and I can't understand why you wouldn't make this configurable.

Options
8 Reply
Re:[Feature Request] Allow ssh configuration
2020-09-23 03:20:25 - last edited 2022-01-13 07:08:55

@t-monk i want this too , just give us the damn info for ssh and make it configurable. the app is complete uselss and somehow the webpage ui is even more useless. 

Options
2021-07-20 14:55:38 - last edited 2022-01-13 07:08:55

@ACEHACK My guess is the person(s) who make the decisions walk around all day (and night) with their phone in their hand.  An app to browse the web, an app for email, an app for taking notes, an app for ... scheduling taking a leak.  And every one a pretty icon.  Why would anyone want to use the command line?  And if I roll that way - everybody else should roll that way.

Options
2021-11-24 15:44:15 - last edited 2022-01-13 07:08:55

@liderbug I agree, I have not completely abandoned my Vodafone router. I am amazed that I cannot ssh ito any of my devices. I want to add a headless Raspberry Pi to act as a network server. Is anyone able to advise on this?

I am making a new thread on this issue....

:((

Options
2022-01-12 14:57:42 - last edited 2022-01-13 07:08:55

I'm currently looking at my M4's System Error Log and it says:

Wed Jan 12 14:47:14 2022 daemon.err uhttpd[5589]: Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

I'd love to be able to try this commend.  Please let me have access to an SSH command line interface.

Options
2022-05-05 13:28:42

@TP-Link 

SSH configuration would be a great way to allow more advanced users to customize things that you can't find a good place for on the app UI.

I totally understand the target market the deco is shooting for... the "set and forget" non-technical home user.  And for that, yes... it works great!  Unfortunately, you are limiting yourselves by excluding a whole group of home users with enough technical knowledge to tinker and customize.  If you want to keep the simple, clean, and idiot-proof app UI and also make everyone complaining on your forums happy then implement some of these more advanced feature requests and make them accessible through SSH.  A few simple config files here and there, perhaps a couple custom shell script and it's a win/win.

Options
2022-07-20 15:18:32
I am finding that the Deco Mesh system is only intended for "Routers for Dummies" type of people. TP-Link refuses to provide tools for the techincally savy users. Even a simple web based interface that allows for configuration changes is too much to ask for. I suppose we will have to flood Amazon and other sellers with bad reviews of this product until they make changes. Hey Deco, configurable SSH and a usable web interface is a NECCESSITY not a wish list. Headed to Amazon to leave my review now...
Options
2022-07-20 15:20:09
TP-Link's marketing department needs to walk over to the developer's area. I am betting that the developers are writing code on a COMPUTER and not a phone. GIVE US TOOLS THAT WORK!!!! I am asking everyone to hit up Amazon or other vendors and leave bad reviews until Deco provides useable tools.
Options
RE:[Feature Request] Allow ssh configuration
2022-12-06 19:15:45
This is the worst app experience, we need ssh config, to allow advanced users to configure advanced setting. please we need this
Options

Information

Helpful: 13

Views: 2424

Replies: 8

Voters 10

+ 6 Voters