Archer A9 (EU) India Wifi Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-12 10:06:15
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: A9(EU)_V6_200114

I have been using the router for almost 3 months now and noticed one particular/hardware issue with Archer A9. Had a chat with customer support as well. 

Problem: The wifi disappears randomly. No device in my house is able to search wifi but in the router the led lamp shows both the 5ghz and 2.4ghz wifi are up. 

Turning wifi on/ off from the app doesnt help. 
only way to get wifi working agian is to restart the router. I have noticed this issue once in week or two when 15 or more devices are connected to the router.

The issue seems less pronounced when fewer devices are connected.

Other major issues with Archer A9:

1) 2.4ghz band is unstable on older devices. Auto bandwidth selection is disabled and 20Mhz bandwidth selected for 2.4ghz wifi. Still sometimes the old devices get disconnected.

Dissapointed by the performance of 2.4ghz band

2) Turning on qos and firewall refuces the speed.

Yesterday i downgarded the firmware to pervious version and it seems the range and speed has increase. Yet to encounter any issue with wifi. 

Options
11 Reply
Re:Archer A9 (EU) India Wifi Issues
2020-07-20 08:50:52

@prashant.s 

Do you mean there is no issue with the previous firmware of the A9 now? May I know the region version and firmware version now?

We will also check if the issue you reported with the latest firmware soon.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-20 23:10:46

@Kevin_Z 

Yes, no issues faced after downgrading the  firmware to (1.0.3 Build 20190226 rel.62939(4555) )

The new firmware has issue.

I am from India and the router hardware version is Archer A9 v6.0 (EU)

Options
2020-07-27 11:46:21

@Kevin_Z Any update on when you are planning to fix this? It is disappointing to see that my new router is not stable on latest firmware. Also, the router is lacking 5ghz frequency bands that are open to use in India. The Archer A9(US) version page shows a latest release that has wifi performance improvements. Why the EU version is left behind with buggy firmware?

Options
2020-07-29 02:48:15

@prashant.s 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-10-21 18:48:14

@prashant.s  and Kevin_Z

I am facing the same issue. My case is the worst. I have tried with all the permutation and combination of settings configurations but 2.4 GHz is not at all working. I have been using this router for the last two months. Should I downgrade the firmware? if yes then which version and where can I get? If fixes are available then where can I get?

Options
2020-10-22 02:09:38

@amazed 

Hello, it seems your issue is not the same as prashant.s if the 2.4GHz network is not working at all. Please confirm the below details and we will try to check if there is an issue:

1.All your 2.4GHz wireless devices can not see C9's network or only some of them? Please ensure that the Wi-Fi LED on the router is lit up.

2. You can login to the web UI and change some wireless settings to give it a go.

Note: For the 2.4GHz wireless channel, 1/6/11 is recommended, and for channel width you can use 20MHz. 

If it still cannot be detected on all devices, you can hard reset the C9 by holding the reset button/hole for 10s with the router powered on, then check if you can see its default Wi-Fi network.

Nice day~

Options
2020-10-22 05:37:51

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, My issue initially started like the same as Mr.  prashant.s as he has mentioned in the thread dated 2020-07-12 15:36:15.

Here is my response/ reply: 

1.All your 2.4GHz wireless devices can not see C9's network or only some of them? Please ensure that the Wi-Fi LED on the router is lit up.

- My router model: Archer A9 not C9. All the devices are able to see (and connect) the 2.4GHz wireless but after getting connected to wireless, the connection is getting dropped very frequently from all the devices (between 2 minutes to 5 minutes).  Yes Wi-Fi LED is lit up all the time as I don't have any problem with 5GHz.

2. You can login to the web UI and change some wireless settings to give it a go.

Note: For the 2.4GHz wireless channel, 1/6/11 is recommended, and for channel width you can use 20MHz. 

- Yes, as I had mentioned in my earlier message that I have tried with all the permutation and combination of settings configurations. But the problem persists.

If it still cannot be detected on all devices, you can hard reset the C9 by holding the reset button/hole for 10s with the router powered on, then check if you can see its default Wi-Fi network.

2020-07-12 15:36:15

Need your suggestions on the firmware up-gradation/ degradation. Which version and where to get?

Options
2020-10-22 06:29:57

@amazed 

Hello, sorry for the typo.

Does this 2.4GHz disconnect issue happen when you just purchased it or it happened recently? Try to run a Wi-Fi scanner to find a clear channel for your network, try to lower down the Wi-Fi transmit power a little bit, then reboot the router and monitor.

Have you tried to reset the reconfigure the A9? Give it a go.

How many devices are connected to the A9 in total, wired, and wirelessly? How many of them are connected to the 2.4GHz? What are they? Are they get disconnected at the same time? When they got disconnected, can you reconnect or it just shows unable to connect?

Options
2020-10-22 08:38:12

@Kevin_Z 

Here is my response/ reply in BLUE.

Does this 2.4GHz disconnect issue happen when you just purchased it or it happened recently?  NO.

Try to run a Wi-Fi scanner to find a clear channel for your network, try to lower down the Wi-Fi transmit power a little bit, then reboot the router and monitor. Already tried several times.  I am using channel no. 6 (after scanning for the clear channel). Lowered down the transmit power from High -> Middle -> Low.

Have you tried to reset the reconfigure the A9? Give it a go. Yes, I did.

How many devices are connected to the A9 in total, wired, and wirelessly? Wired - 1, device, Wirelessly: 5

How many of them are connected to the 2.4GHz? 2 devices

What are they? Laptop and 1 Cell Phone.

Are they get disconnected at the same time? No. Laptop gets disconnected within 1-2 minutes (and reconnected automatically ~5 minutes) and the Cell Phone gets disconnected and reconnected  within 1 minute)

and When they got disconnected, can you reconnect or it just shows unable to connect? After reconnecting the wifi it takes time to get the internet but within 1 minute it gets disconnected.  

Options
2020-10-23 05:58:19

@amazed 

Hi, what are the brand and model of the cell phone and laptop? Are they connecting to other 2.4GHz network fine? It is suggested to update their firmware or OS to the latest.

When they are connected to the 2.4GHz network but no internet access, please confirm if they can still get the correct IP address from A9, what is the IP address? Try to ping the A9 gateway and internet: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1339

Replies: 11

Related Articles