X60 disappointing. Deco's loose connection and don't reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-14 12:30:04
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V10
Firmware Version: v1.10.9

hi,

I invested in a mesh set (3 deco's) for my house. But since the beginning the deco's loose connection and are not reconnecting untill I reset them.

I put them at strategic places. I measured the wifi in order to place every deco at a place with the strongest wifi. It works welll for 1 or 2 days and then

one or the other deco looses connection with the other one and does not pick up connection untill I do a reset. 

2 meshes are above each other with a distance of 5 meters from the ohter one and still looses connection. This is disappointing.

I bought the Deco's to have great internet, but when this will not change then I regret spending 400 USD for this.

Kind regards,

Rob 

Options
1 Reply
Re:X60 disappointing. Deco's loose connection and don't reconnect
2020-07-14 18:27:27 - last edited 2020-07-14 18:33:32

@Rob71 

I was just about to type the exact same thing!
Everybody advised me to buy just 2 deco's because they're powerful and I'd only need 2 for a small house like mine. As the nerd that I am I actually bought 3 because a little overkill would be nice!

But every couple of days 1 or 2 ( always the satellites ) lose connection and it does not get fixed automatically. I everytime have to reboot, wait and test (+ hear my wife complain haha). Mine are not even that far apart. 

My setup
1 in garage, ground floor, connected to modem, main deco
1 in living room, ground floor, 5 meters from main deco, satelite deco
1 in office, 1st floor, 4m from satelite deco, 5m from main deco

I'm honestly frustrated about this because it was a fairly expensive setup. 
The build-in speedtest ( also other external tests ) give me excellent speedresults everywhere in the house... so why does it work and then suddenly not?

Other complaints:
*My old setup ( a cheap ASUS router that cost a fraction of the price ) provided a better internet experience. This honestly feels so bad.
*Seems like everybody (my neighbours, people in my street, ... ) are on the same WIFI-channels by default. I'm a bit dissapointed that the X60 doesn't automatically recommend a better WIFI-channel. I'd also be happy with a manual setting, but unfortunately this is nowhere to be found. 
*4m away from the main deco is my garden. I absolutely get no signal there whatsoever... which I find very very strange. Not even 1 bar. But my neighbours network I can detect just fine which is 4x further away (not overexaggerating).

Can I get some support, TP-link? I'm happy to provide any additional information, but I'd like this to be fixed rather sooner than later :(.

Please send help!

Kind regards,
Dimson.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 1