OSX Catalina and MR600 connectivity issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-15 06:08:19 - last edited 2020-07-18 13:18:34
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1200091

Hello all- Love the MR600- a major step up in reliability from the old EE altatel router it replaced. Connectivity with PCs and other devices  is fine, however I have a couple of Mac OSX catalina devices which have intermittent connectivity issues with the mr600 and sometimes crash the router forcing a reboot. These devices have been tested on other networks with no issues ( I know there were upgrade issues when catalina was first released but fine on other networks) I'm running the latest version of firmware on all devices, can anyone help? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:OSX Catalina and MR600 connectivity issues
2020-08-10 10:18:37

@MrMiggins 

hello,

thank you very much for your time and patience.

For your case, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. Except for the Mac Catalina system, how about other Apple devices, are they working with the MR600?
  2. Did they lose internet connection on both wireless and wired Ethernet connection?
  3. How to recover the internet when Catalina devices lost the internet, reboot the MR600, or it would come back automatically?

There are several suggestions that you could have a try

1. change the wireless settings for 2.4ghz: channel 11, channel width 20mhz; for 5ghz, channel 48/165, channel width 40mhz;
  2. update the firmware to be the latest one: Archer MR600(EU)_V1_200511

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202006/20200628/Archer%20MR600(EU)_V1_200511.zip

Thank you~

Options
Re:OSX Catalina and MR600 connectivity issues
2020-08-10 13:58:59

@Sunshine Thank you for your message- much appreciated- in answer to your questions below

1. Except for the Mac Catalina system, how about other Apple devices, are they working with the MR600?- all other Apple devices ( iOS13.6) working fine
  2. Did they lose internet connection on both wireless and wired Ethernet connection? All are connected via wireless
  3. How to recover the internet when Catalina devices lost the internet, reboot the MR600, or it would come back automatically? Typically I have to reboot the MR600, but occasionally the connection seems to have come back up but certainly not immediately.When I first connect in Calatina, everything seems fine for the first few seconds/minutes. If I then navigate away or try another connected task, the connection drops.

I am using the MR600 as a router only, and have a BT Wifi mesh network attached. Rebooting the mesh network doesn't bring the connection back up.

I am running the latest firmware on all devices.

Many thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 835

Replies: 2

Related Articles