Microsoft Teams Calls don't work on Deco mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Microsoft Teams Calls don't work on Deco mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
29 Reply
Re:Microsoft Teams Calls don't work on Deco mesh
2020-12-07 12:57:04

@TP-Link 

Could you refer to the following suggestion to have a look:

1. Could you please provide more details about how the Microsoft Team calls did not work, like unstable connection, broken voice, or even not able to get connected?

IN MS team the calls drop for a few seconds and the reconnect,  Net works stays connect the entire time.  I have other wifi access point in the house that work fine.  This same dropping also happens with Google meet calls

2. How are the Deco X20s connected to each other, via Wi-Fi backhaul or Ethernet backhaul?

Ehternet Backhaul

3. Would turnning off the fast roaming on the App and Mesh technology on the devices make any difference?

I am using the x20 as an access point.

4. if possible, could you please try to set up the QoS to prioritize 'Chatting' as well as setting the laptop/mobile phone as a high priority device.

I am using the X20 as an access point since I have a separate dhcp server with an extensive fixed assignment table

Options
2020-12-07 20:03:57
1. Could you please provide more details about how the Microsoft Team calls did not work, like unstable connection, broken voice, or even not able to get connected? Calls keep disconnecting and then reconnect, this also happens on Google Meet. 2. How are the Deco X20s connected to each other, via Wi-Fi backhaul or Ethernet backhaul? Ethernet Backhaul 3. Would turnning off the fast roaming on the App and Mesh technology on the devices make any difference? I tired and it made no difference 4. if possible, could you please try to set up the QoS to prioritize 'Chatting' as well as setting the laptop/mobile phone as a high priority device. I am using the Deco as an access point since I need the DHCP assignments on another device.
Options
2020-12-08 04:18:12

Hi All,

please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

I resolved my issue with below steps

1. Update the firmware before starting any configuration on all devices .

2. Reboot the devices manually using the app (this is mandatory)

Options
2020-12-08 05:37:44

@Mozer I have a Deco M9 V2 set and it is working fine with Microsoft Teams, I am forced to work from home and my employer uses MS Teams, so I use it every day. I don't like MS Teams but there are no problems with it on my Deco mesh.

Options
2021-01-17 13:57:52

@TP-Link Hello, what is the solution to thgis problem. I have the same issue: Teams app is not working since I have this product...

Options
2021-01-22 21:32:00 - last edited 2021-02-08 14:37:37

@TP-Link 

@TP-Link_Deco 

I am having the exact same problem with MS Teams on the Deco X60. It works great with everything else, but with Team calls it starts to lose the connection. For my Deco X60, if the call is longer than 10 minutes, the problem starts. I run a ping and it starts missing packets. If I connect a LAN cable, this does not happens. I did some tests connected to my modem and the problem is not with my service provider. Moreover, the LAN test shows exactly that. The same thing happens with Zoom. This is for video calls on both services. (Either the video calls originating here or receiving the video stream.)

Options
2021-03-05 17:16:30

What a depressing thread of complaints since July2020

Here's another one: my 3 linked Deco M4 devices (3 floors, ground floor main-deco connected with ethernetcable to gateway) also result in interrupted MsTeams calls. Same with Leaddesk VoIP application.

Something to do with UDP/TCP protocols? Anyhow, should have been resolved by TP-Link by now.

@csnvkiran : how/where to update the Deco firmware / find more information about that solution???

Options
2021-03-08 09:12:41

@Mozer 

Have the same problems over here. When a Teams call is set up the Deco P7 led starts to blink red for a short time. I replaced the deco with another unit but the same thing happens

My setup:

1 Deco is set up as a router via a fiber connection. 4 of them are used all around the house. 

My laptop is directly connected to a satellite. 

Latest version of firmware is installed on the deco. 

Hope they can find a solution. It is very anoing whem the kids have lessons via teams and i have to work. 

Regards

Bas

Options
2021-03-08 11:04:14

@Bazzie74 

Hi, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please have a check of your email box later.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-14 15:09:11

I have the same issue with my M5 setup. 

two floors the first unit connected to the router with and RJ45 , the second and the third unit are on the second floor .

All works grate , IPTV, streaming, gaming ,zoom but when it comes to MS teams it is impossible to have a 2 min conversation as it keeps droping.

Please help to solve it ASAP as Imy work depends on MS teams 

Options