Microsoft Teams - Direct calls kills Internet connection on my Archer C3200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-10 13:40:25
Model: Archer C3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.1 v004b.0 Build 160116 Rel.29902n

Hi,

First, Yes i have the last firmware update (for Canada). 0.9.1 0.1 v004b.0 Build 160116 Rel.29902n.  I also verified with my internet provider and there is no problem with my modem.

Direct calls between users in Microsoft Teams kills my internet connection.  LAN access still works but i have to reboot to recover my internet access. Calls in meetings work fine and other tools like skype or Zoom are ok.  I tried with my old Linksys rooter and i did not have any problems.

Please to help me!  We are 5 at home who have a constant need of internet, including 2 who work by teleconference.

Regards,

Options
8 Reply
Re:Microsoft Teams - Direct calls kills Internet connection on my Archer C3200
2020-06-11 06:54:00

@JPPoulin 

Hello, thanks for reporting issues.

Do you mean the router's wireless connection will be cut off when you made calls using Microsoft Teams app on your phone? Can you help verify some details?

1. When you made calls using Microsoft Teams app, the connection is cut off immediately or it sometimes shows network unstable and the call dropped? If you could show us a short video which may help a lot;

2. When you mean calls in Microsoft Teams kills your internet, does it mean the wireless is disabled on the router, or does it mean your phone gets disconnected from the router wireless? Can you still see its 2.4G or 5G wireless network? How about the 2.4G and 5G Wi-Fi LEDs, are they still correctly on?

Options
2020-06-11 13:27:34

@Solla-topee

Hi,

1-Yes the connection cut off immediatly when i receive a call in Microsoft Teams application on my PC.  I don't have the time to answer the call.

2-The internet connection (Wire and Wifi connection) is disabled or killed completely.  I have to reboot the router.  The wireless network still working but with no internet.

Thanks!

Options
2021-08-17 19:35:39

@Solla-topee Everything @JPPoulin is saying is accurate, and I'm experiencing the exact same issue.

For some reason Microsoft Teams 1-1 calls kill the internet connection on the router, and I have to reboot the router.

I can reproduce this easily and at will.

I've also experienced the same issue browsing some microsoft.com websites, but only on my work laptop, which makes me think LDAP could be involved in this bug (but I can't be sure).

Does anyone have a fix for this??

Options
2022-01-06 14:45:31

@JPPoulin 

I have the exact same situation. When I receive a 1-1 call on Teams, internet crash and I have to restart the Archer c3200. Really anoying when we work from home.

No solution yet from Tp-Link ?

Options
2022-05-04 01:54:01

@JPPoulin 

I also have an issue with the Teams app and the TP-Link router (Archer C5400). I tried to put a post up about this and it has been removed by the administrator.

Has anyone got a fix for this?

Options
2022-05-10 06:16:02

Hello @Simmitys 

No one has ever deleted your post, it is just displaying on another page as there are new posts all the time. You can find your original post here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/546404

Options
2022-05-19 08:20:49

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks. I can now see it. The message I received was as follows, which made it appear as if the post was removed.

2 weeks ago

Your Post Microsoft Teams calls drop out and/or I freeze or they freeze was removed to Wi-Fi Routers by the administrator.

Options
2022-05-20 11:20:24

@Simmitys 

I see. That means the moderator moved your post to the Wi-Fi Routers forum.laugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2322

Replies: 8